Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

Agreed! I’ve had several people call about my Gopros and drone selling, as you know they’ve all bailed and hour or so in advance.

Atleast they told you ahead of time. When I was In college I was selling my old car and drove an hour home to sell it (like 1500 beater) dude doesn’t show up. I call the number punks mom picks up. The little shit is still asleep. Mom wakes him up I can hear over the phone she’s like did you talk to someone about a car, oh tell him I don’t want it. I have his mom an earful about her parenting skills. It’s just soo much worse selling cheap things. To the point I’d rather take a loss on the value and drop off at a scrap yard.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jesse3638

Hooked
Agreed! I’ve had several people call about my Gopros and drone selling, as you know they’ve all bailed and hour or so in advance.
Yep had the same thing happen trying to sell my drum kit. The girl messaged me 10 mins before she was supposed to get hear that she found another cheaper one. About a month later I saw her on offer up again selling a drum kit. Guess she didn't like them after all..haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Had to sell some things. Parts, etc.

People have zero respect for others time, and not worth the effort at all. Make someone a fair deal, agree to price before meet up. then start fucking around trying to get a better deal, or just bail and never show up.

No shit! Anything I’ve sold on Craigslist or Facebook is that way. People wasting your time, not showing up when they are supposed to, or at all. Then trying to lowball you again. I tell them to go waste more gas, now. A deal is a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Had to sell some things. Parts, etc.

People have zero respect for others time, and not worth the effort at all. Make someone a fair deal, agree to price before meet up. then start fucking around trying to get a better deal, or just bail and never show up.

Got to love people. Also as a seller make sure to have change for the prospective buyer just in case. I do as a buyer try to show up with exact change. I bought a small set of storage drawers and said I didn't have exact change. Showed up and she had to search around for $5 in quarters.

So true. I've had some real winners from Craigslist.

This is a very recent phenomenon. Never before have I had flakes like today with the Internet. If someone called about an auto trader add it was almost guaranteed I’d sell the car or whatever. Now it’s bullshit offers followed up with flaking out on meet up and going ghost.
IMG_2999.jpg .

Try us.. whatcha selling?

‘67 Galaxie convertible, ‘40 Ford truck, ‘31 Tudor and maybe the Jeep or my Silverado or both. I have a wild hair growing and it’s getting harder to control.... thinking of building a car. Get rid of everything to free up money and space and only have one ultimate hot rod. I’m down to 6 vehicles. lol 4 more to go

TrailHunter

Hooked
‘67 Galaxie convertible, ‘40 Ford truck, ‘31 Tudor and maybe the Jeep or my Silverado or both. I have a wild hair growing and it’s getting harder to control.... thinking of building a car. Get rid of everything to free up money and space and only have one ultimate hot rod. I’m down to 6 vehicles. lol 4 more to go

Awesome... it’s nice to give quality attention on a couple rides rather than neglect too many. Good luck with the Sales...

Jsouder53

Hooked
Atleast they told you ahead of time. When I was In college I was selling my old car and drove an hour home to sell it (like 1500 beater) dude doesn’t show up. I call the number punks mom picks up. The little shit is still asleep. Mom wakes him up I can hear over the phone she’s like did you talk to someone about a car, oh tell him I don’t want it. I have his mom an earful about her parenting skills. It’s just soo much worse selling cheap things. To the point I’d rather take a loss on the value and drop off at a scrap yard.

That’s unbelievable... people suck, I’ve dealt with a lot of idiots today lol

Yep had the same thing happen trying to sell my drum kit. The girl messaged me 10 mins before she was supposed to get hear that she found another cheaper one. About a month later I saw her on offer up again selling a drum kit. Guess she didn't like them after all..haha.

Hahaha wow... probably should’ve just rented a set

This is a very recent phenomenon. Never before have I had flakes like today with the Internet. If someone called about an auto trader add it was almost guaranteed I’d sell the car or whatever. Now it’s bullshit offers followed up with flaking out on meet up and going ghost.
View attachment 338653 .

I remember the same thing too. I’ve sold tons of stuff via Craigslist and never had so many people say they want to meet and not show or respond

WJCO

Meme King
I've actually had worse luck of wasted time giving away free shit on Craigslist than I've had selling it. The freebie fuckers are major time bandits. My wife and I decided to just add a price on to everything even if it's 5 bucks. At least you sift out some of the losers.

MericaMade

I've actually had worse luck of wasted time giving away free shit on Craigslist than I've had selling it. The freebie fuckers are major time bandits. My wife and I decided to just add a price on to everything even if it's 5 bucks. At least you sift out some of the losers.
I just put free shit out infront of my house between my neighbor and I and say free pick up at so and so address. Then just let it disappear and delete the add LOL.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

People that put crap out on the curb or street with a “free” sign on it making the rest of the neighborhood look like a developing nation.
🤣

jesse3638

Hooked
People that put crap out on the curb or street with a “free” sign on it making the rest of the neighborhood look like a developing nation.
[emoji1787]
Haha I did that with my moms stuff after she passed away. The guy across the street was taking it and trying to sell it. Once I was finished cleaning out her apt everything that was left I hauled to the dump.

Ddays

Hooked
Haha I did that with my moms stuff after she passed away. The guy across the street was taking it and trying to sell it. Once I was finished cleaning out her apt everything that was left I hauled to the dump.

Man, talk about a reality check. When both of my parents passed away within 2 years of each other, I was left with a house full of someone else's shit. In the end I was throwing shit away because there's only so much you can assimilate along with all of the junk you have yourself. :crazyeyes:

Free tip to the wise: Unless you have a musical prodigy, NEVER buy a goddam piano. You cannot GIVE those fuckers away :mad:

JKbrick

Man, talk about a reality check. When both of my parents passed away within 2 years of each other, I was left with a house full of someone else's shit. In the end I was throwing shit away because there's only so much you can assimilate along with all of the junk you have yourself. :crazyeyes:

Free tip to the wise: Unless you have a musical prodigy, NEVER buy a goddam piano. You cannot GIVE those fuckers away :mad:

You could use it for the casket I guess?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

bmkrinne

No shit! I’ve got an old upright piano and can’t get rid of it. It’s like herpies

Top Bottom