Build of my JKU

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Stupid ferry bolts. I got lucky and was able to get channel locks on it and spin it right out. Now I need to go pick up some new ones.

I hope yours is a easy as mine but doesn't look like that based on the amount of bolt left.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah. I haven’t decided if I’m just handing it to a machine shop or going to try myself.

MericaMade

I think they look good. Where else would you mount them?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Maybe putting the light bar on top and moving the corners more inward. I do like how the bar protects the lights to.
That looks good! When did they start selling that or did you have them make a one off for you?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
They came out with it a few months ago. I ordered it from Bubba and showed up two days later. Image.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I like it below better than above. It will also keep the airflow cleaner into the radiator.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MericaMade

Like two door vs four door?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
No like after lifting the jeep on a 4 door. Do you worry about wheel base or is that a moot point since the height of the jeep changed?

I would think that since the stock geometry changes with a lift that the 116 inch wheel base is not all that important and the focus is more so on centering axles, pinion, and caster angles?

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I agree, caster, pinion, centered, and clearance for the wheels. The actual wheel base measurement is less of a concern.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

I missed this till now. What I did was got some fender washers and used them on the ring bolts to hold it from popping off until the whole bead was on.

Did you have any trouble getting the ring tight to the wheel?

Top Bottom