BLACKED OUT JL Wrangler Pinch Seams

jeeeep

Hooked
is that an automotive vinyl?

the pinch seem really stands out when it's not blacked out. I painted mine and was surprised what a difference it made.

very nice and clean look

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea. Looks really clean.

Huge [emoji1360] it looks much better!

Wow, that's a significant difference. Looks so much better with the seam covered.

Def looks better..

Thanks! Without it, the pinch seam really stuck out like a sore thumb. With it, the LoD Rock Slider really looks even better. :yup:

is that an automotive vinyl?

the pinch seem really stands out when it's not blacked out. I painted mine and was surprised what a difference it made.

very nice and clean look

Yup, detailing vinyl. Essentially what you'd use to add stripes to a vehicle.

What a difference and a great idea with the vinyl!

Thank you :)

Mozarkid

Hmmmm, sounds to me like those Rock Sliders ought to be offered with an optional accessory! Yah?
It's a Win-Win!

UpsideDownText

I feel this is 55% of us absolute first mod. What is it w these pinch seams? Can’t they design a clamp form or at least fold these inward from the factory?

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I feel this is 55% of us absolute first mod. What is it w these pinch seams? Can’t they design a clamp form or at least fold these inward from the factory?

Sorry man but you're about 11 years late with this brilliant idea. Not stalking you, but your first two posts have me :thinking:

UpsideDownText

Sorry man but you're about 11 years late with this brilliant idea. Not stalking you, but your first two posts have me :thinking:

What idea? That Jeep hasn’t dealt with any tooling to hide the seams? If I’m late, despite working for FCA as a design consultant, then Jeep engineers must be stupid. Also, just looking for some groups to chat with - but it seems no one reads english or has zero tolerance for uniqueness. Either way, w/e, this is the internet.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
What idea? That Jeep hasn’t dealt with any tooling to hide the seams? If I’m late, despite working for FCA as a design consultant, then Jeep engineers must be stupid. Also, just looking for some groups to chat with - but it seems no one reads english or has zero tolerance for uniqueness. Either way, w/e, this is the internet.

So you're a design consultant for FCA . Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I guess your English is just not our English. And you are unique.:yup:

UpsideDownText

So you're a design consultant for FCA . Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I guess your English is just not our English. And you are unique.:yup:

Who I am shouldn’t be important - because part of being adults is simple manners. This site couldn’t manage so too bad. (If you don’t know, I “said hi” on the Wave forum I only got a bunch of threatened morons thinking they’re funny with fart “jokes” and a bully attitude as if they coded and own the site. Shame you guys own Jeeps really, as they are timeless and legendary products, especially as time goes by.) I’ll take my news, videos, and (sometimes I can) inside info on to more real pastures the rest of you!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Who I am shouldn’t be important - because part of being adults is simple manners. This site couldn’t manage so too bad. (If you don’t know, I “said hi” on the Wave forum I only got a bunch of threatened morons thinking they’re funny with fart “jokes” and a bully attitude as if they coded and own the site. Shame you guys own Jeeps really, as they are timeless and legendary products, especially as time goes by.) I’ll take my news, videos, and (sometimes I can) inside info on to more real pastures the rest of you!

That cool. I’m sure we will not miss you and your rice burner drifting jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seahawkfan

Hooked

LOL You are the one who said Who you are and what you can do. Please go back and re-read your Wave post, if you are honest you'll be scratching your head too. People asked to see your drifter and you won't share.

boriwilly

Install Video?

Do you happen to have an install video of this process? Looking to do the same on my JL this weekend now that I installed new side steps and have my underwear showing :(

Attachments

• IMG_8941.jpg
    IMG_8941.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 86
Top Bottom