My apologies if you think a mistake I made makes me a little "shoddy"

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On Saturday, I got an email from a Garnett Slade who was inquiring about an order he placed back on February 21st. Specifically, it was for 1 JK Only decal, 2 Four Corners decals and 1 Razor decal and he wanted to know if it had shipped yet. After checking things on my end, I let him know that his order was mailed out on the 22nd and sent him the address he provided just to make sure it was correct. To this, he responded with the following.

Sent: Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:39 PM
To: Store
Subject: Re: Thank you for your order

I received the JK Only Logo Decal several days ago. I haven't received the two JK-4 Corners Decals or the Wayalife Razor Logo Decal.

Semper Fi

Being out of town, I figured the best thing I could do was to refund him for the missing decals and sent the following response.

On Sun, Mar 5, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Store wrote:

I am surprised to hear this and apologize for not shipping your order in full. I’m not sure what happened but I’ve sent you a refund for the missing decals. Sorry for the trouble.

Today, I got the following response from him.

Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 1:06 PM
To: Store
Subject: Re: Thank you for your order

Why not send the items I ordered if you have them instead of refunding my money, and the refund is short $0.50. Sounds a little "shoddy" to me.

Semper Fi

The following is the response I just sent Garnett Slade.

Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 2:04 PM
To: 'gas'
Subject: RE: Thank you for your order

Wow, really? In spite of what you may think, it’s just my wife and I running the show here and I’m not always home to ship things out. I had assumed you might be grateful for the refund but apparently, I was wrong. The .50¢ I left out was a mistake on my behalf and for that, I apologize. That being said, allow me to just send you a full refund just because of how “shoddy” I am.

Have a good day.

For anyone out there of who has ever been on the receiving end of a mistake I've made in your order, had it lost in the mail, mis-calculated a refund or otherwise, I would like to apologize to you now. As I had mentioned to Mr. Slade, it's just Cindy and I running the show here and we're not always home to ship out orders especially over the weekend or during big events. I try my best to get things right the first time but I am human. Please know that it is NEVER my intent to be "shoddy" with any of you.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Wow, he is some kind of special. Honestly, I don't know how you and Cindy even put up with some of these people. I might have just sent him a BOD instead of a refund.

WJCO

Meme King
Shoddy? Wow. You would think you ran over his dog or shit on his Jeep with that response. Shit, mistakes happen.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, he is some kind of special. Honestly, I don't know how you and Cindy even put up with some of these people. I might have just sent him a BOD instead of a refund.

All I can say is that we try our hardest.

Shoddy? Wow. You would think you ran over his dog or shit on his Jeep with that response. Shit, mistakes happen.

I hate to admit that I make mistakes but I can assure you, not on purpose and certainly not to rip anyone off of .50¢

jesse3638

Hooked
Any issues I experienced with WAL merch have always been cleared up in a manner with the utmost professionalism and class. No apology needed here as I understand it's just the two of you and your guys try your hardest and do an awesome job. If he is that bent over a refund I have a feeling he isn't going to fit in here. Speaking of it I need to order a decal for my new wheels...;)

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jimmypaget

This guy is really throwing a fit over $0.50?!?! Class act! Hell, I'm still upset that Eddie hasn't used my photo for the wayalife store like he said he would (sarcasm). You two get all my props for dealing with all of us kids on here, running the forum, store and still having time to make kickass videos! Screw that guy!

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Wow... I've been on a loosing end of the deal many times. Everything can get sorted out in a civilized manner as long as both parties are human beings, and understand that mistakes happen. Especially as you mentioned that it is only two of you running this show. My guess is that you guys have a lot on your plate.
I wouldn't worry about pricks like that....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Hey forget that guy, anyone who knows you, knows you do your best and you made it right but guess it wasn't what he was looking for. I say keep up the good work

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've always had great & quick service, ordering from your store. We all make mistakes, so why did he get bent over it? I guess he's never messed anything up.

Hot94Z28

I remember when you sent me two windshield decals, I emailed and PM'ed you and you got back with me within the day and said your bad just keep the extra decal. Seemed like a cool thing to do to me.

outkast7222

Reading the guys response I was thinking yea I'd rather have the stickers too if I had ordered them, hell maybe I've even bitched about 50¢ before but I'm also missing why it's shody to refund someone right away... Someone pissed in that guys Wheaties.

Sent from my XT1254 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom