Question about Rugged Ridge CB mount

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I have a full sized Cobra 29 LX on it and it works great. I had to drill some new holes in the mount to get it centered between the visors, but other that that no complaints. Can't say for sure with the freedom panels since I run a soft top, but it looks like it would be fine...

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I have a full sized Cobra 29 LX on it and it works great. I had to drill some new holes in the mount to get it centered between the visors, but other that that no complaints. Can't say for sure with the freedom panels since I run a soft top, but it looks like it would be fine...

I have the same CB, and was worried with that mount it would hang too low and obstruct the rear view mirror. In the end I made my own.. Stupid easy, and has held up great.

Frydaddy

I'm not a fan of the cable dangling in my view.

I mounted mine in front of that crappy blown out mesh sack in the center console.

IMG_20160514_134121992.jpg

Napalm

It will work with the hard top freedom panels or a soft top. It works great for smaller CBs. With the larger CBs, it actually sits them on the mirror and doesn't allow you to adjust the mirror.

I love my RR CB mount. You can let the cable dangle or it has a loop to get it up out of the way! Makes your CB easy to hear too! I would definitely recommend.

Andy5160

Hooked
i have the same mount with Cobra 29 the only downside is that you will see the reflection of the CB in the rear view mirror it does not affect the freedom panels.
i got used to it

JDalcour

Doesnt interfere at all just becareful of your placing where you drill, make sure the CB is slightly to the right so it sits center between visors. Mine initially was too far left and couldnt close my left visor so i had to re drill a hole.

christov11

me and a buddy installed ours at the same time. given that my cb is smaller than his mine clears everything, freedom panels and sunvisors.

his on the other hand, no matter which side he puts the cb "microphone" thingy it blocks the sun visors from coming up n down...

no complaints on my end though and havent heard him btich too much!

Stotch

Caught the Bug
me and a buddy installed ours at the same time. given that my cb is smaller than his mine clears everything, freedom panels and sunvisors.

his on the other hand, no matter which side he puts the cb "microphone" thingy it blocks the sun visors from coming up n down...

no complaints on my end though and havent heard him btich too much!

I was able to get mine to fit between the visors (even with the mic) by drilling new holes in the CB mount. I'll try and get a pic after work.

Doesnt interfere at all just becareful of your placing where you drill, make sure the CB is slightly to the right so it sits center between visors. Mine initially was too far left and couldnt close my left visor so i had to re drill a hole.

^^This

I have the same CB, and was worried with that mount it would hang too low and obstruct the rear view mirror. In the end I made my own.. Stupid easy, and has held up great.

It doesn't obstruct the view. I did bend the RR mount a bit to get it just right. Did you end up mounting it in the same location with DIY hardware?

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I was able to get mine to fit between the visors (even with the mic) by drilling new holes in the CB mount. I'll try and get a pic after work.

^^This

It doesn't obstruct the view. I did bend the RR mount a bit to get it just right. Did you end up mounting it in the same location with DIY hardware?

Yeah, I mounted it in the same spot using a couple parts from the hardware store. It has worked really well

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I mounted it in the same spot using a couple parts from the hardware store. It has worked really well

Awesome! Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

Here's how I have mine up:

Attachments

• 1473369359927.jpg
    1473369359927.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 1473369373134.jpg
    1473369373134.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 150
  • 1473369388192.jpg
    1473369388192.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 150

Stotch

Caught the Bug
...and from driver's perspective; no reflection/obstruction:

Attachments

• 1473369611630.jpg
    1473369611630.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 144

RocknJK

Works great plenty of room and no cables dangling. Doesn't hit my rear view mirror. I'm using the Uniden Bearcat 880 CB. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473371175.387896.jpg

Last edited:

xxJWPxx

Works great plenty of room and no cables dangling. Doesn't hit my rear view mirror. I'm using the Uniden Bearcat 880 CB. View attachment 221765

Awesome, glad you posted a pic. I have the same CB and want to mount it above the mirror but wasn't sure if it was too large for that mount. In my old Jeep I had it over the dash cubby but couldn't hear the speaker very well. Looks like it mounts nicely above the mirror.

Top Bottom