1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

Rst8rox

Yeah, like Stodinator said. From the TJ or the XJ.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

There great transmissions. I used all Novak pieces for my LS swap in Rst8rox. They have great customer service as well as amazing instructions for everything. Jeff is the man over there & has always pointed me in the right direction. I’ve spend many of minutes on the phone as their tech walked me through any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
There great transmissions. I used all Novak pieces for my LS swap in Rst8rox. They have great customer service as well as amazing instructions for everything. Jeff is the man over there & has always pointed me in the right direction. I’ve spend many of minutes on the phone as their tech walked me through any issues.

Yeah, Jeff’s been working with me since March getting this all together. Great guy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Found a bit more rust inside a seam on the passenger rear fender. That’s the last spot, now the metal is being fabbed back up and welded.

IMG_2268.jpg

It amazes me how seamless they can bring two pieces of metal together so seamlessly.

IMG_2269.jpg

That whole corner was replaced. I’ve never been thru something like this. It’s crazy!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Rolling chassis!!

IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

IMG_2318.jpg

Still have a couple issues to work thru. The front pinion angle is too low and we’ll have to shim it a bit or cut the spring mount on the axle and rotate up a bit. But we need to get all the weight back on that before we can make that call.

What we do know is the gas tank and skid are going to have to get modified. The rear shackles are right at the edge of skid plate. With any flexing, they’ll be into it.

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2324.jpg

We did go from YJ springs and I know that has some affect there. I’ll be calling Genrite tomorrow to check with them before we do.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Rst8rox

Rolling chassis!!

View attachment 337842

View attachment 337843

View attachment 337844

View attachment 337845

Still have a couple issues to work thru. The front pinion angle is too low and we’ll have to shim it a bit or cut the spring mount on the axle and rotate up a bit. But we need to get all the weight back on that before we can make that call.

What we do know is the gas tank and skid are going to have to get modified. The rear shackles are right at the edge of skid plate. With any flexing, they’ll be into it.

View attachment 337846

View attachment 337847

We did go from YJ springs and I know that has some affect there. I’ll be calling Genrite tomorrow to check with them before we do.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

It’s looking awesome! It’s a great feeling when you start seeing everything come together! I look forward to seeing the next update.

Top Bottom