Jeep 2500 Pickup Truck Coming in the Future??

cjscj

bitter sweet

awesome but i doubt it will happen
the monopoly on the cummins i6 is all thats kept the ram heavy duty alive
whose buying a dodge when that beast is on the market

I would love to be able to tow my Jeep with a Jeep! I really hope they build this pickup. They should put it on a Ram 2500 frame and use the 6.7 Cummins engine!

I'd be pretty shocked (and thrilled) if they did this. The pickup nearly didn't make it to production because of fears that it would compete too directly with Ram branded offerings, this would push Jeep even further into Ram territory. That being said, a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon? Can I get a Hallelujah?

r2fasani

I'd be pretty shocked (and thrilled) if they did this. The pickup nearly didn't make it to production because of fears that it would compete too directly with Ram branded offerings, this would push Jeep even further into Ram territory. That being said, a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon? Can I get a Hallelujah?

Hallelujah!
Preach on...

i9d25.jpg

puravida

"If it were to become a reality, it'd be something we might see a few years after the release of the all new JP truck"

So 2020. Highly speculative and a long long time away.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
To me, the Jeep is supposed to be small, nimble, great off road, and all around a "get you where you want to go" type vehicle. Putting it on a 2500 style frame, with a massive engine, Dana 60's, etc., is awesome; don't get me wrong. But to me it's detracting from what the Jeep was designed to be. It's not designed to haul a huge load, it wasn't designed to be great on-road, it wasn't designed to tow trailers.

Awesome idea, I just think it will slowly kill of the Jeep and more specifically the Wrangler as we know it.

Journeyman

To me, the Jeep is supposed to be small, nimble, great off road, and all around a "get you where you want to go" type vehicle. Putting it on a 2500 style frame, with a massive engine, Dana 60's, etc., is awesome; don't get me wrong. But to me it's detracting from what the Jeep was designed to be. It's not designed to haul a huge load, it wasn't designed to be great on-road, it wasn't designed to tow trailers.

Awesome idea, I just think it will slowly kill of the Jeep and more specifically the Wrangler as we know it.

Jeep does have some history of some larger pickups. I know I've been on the lookout for the right Kaiser Jeep 5 quarter ton pickup [emoji1377]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

toshigav

Without question, this is just rumor but I just got word that FCA is kicking around the idea of making a 2500 version of the upcoming Jeep JP pickup truck. From what I am told, it'll be available with a stronger frame, a Cummins diesel engine and 8-lug 60 axles front and rear axles. If it were to become a reality, it'd be something we might see a few years after the release of the all new JP truck that's slated to hit the showroom floors in late 2018. Again, this is all just stuff I'm hearing in the rumor mill but I'd love to hear what you think about it. :yup:

20161101224830-00ece5b8-me.jpg

Anyone know what brand and name these wheels are.
or any other details that me assist me in looking them up.
thanks in advance

Ddays

Hooked
Without question, this is just rumor but I just got word that FCA is kicking around the idea of making a 2500 version of the upcoming Jeep JP pickup truck. From what I am told, it'll be available with a stronger frame, a Cummins diesel engine and 8-lug 60 axles front and rear axles. If it were to become a reality, it'd be something we might see a few years after the release of the all new JP truck that's slated to hit the showroom floors in late 2018. Again, this is all just stuff I'm hearing in the rumor mill but I'd love to hear what you think about it. :yup:]

I would think this would have to be a stand alone vehicle & based on a RAM chassis. I wouldn't think the JL chassis, even with a beefed up frame would be able to handle the loads, towing capacities and other requirements that a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup would see.
This would have to be one big truck. In the HD truck market if you ain't big you are a marginal player in that segment.

Edit - looks like I bit on the old thread revival deal...:rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Journeyman

I would think this would have to be a stand alone vehicle & based on a RAM chassis. I wouldn't think the JL chassis, even with a beefed up frame would be able to handle the loads, towing capacities and other requirements that a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup would see.
This would have to be one big truck. In the HD truck market if you ain't big you are a marginal player in that segment.

Edit - looks like I bit on the old thread revival deal...:rolleyes2:

East coasters [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom