New JL Sport S

WJCO

Meme King
Took a couple of minutes to remove the little euro flaps between the flares and the bumper and the lower bumper skid.
I think it looks a lot better and more like normal jeep styling. Best part was the cost... free.

Looks good.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Emblems

Got new Rubicon style emblems on today and replaced the chrome ones. Also debadged the decals from below them. Here is a before and after.
I have Wrangler decals coming in medium grey with red trim and those are in the lettering style of the Rubicon.
I will add my JL decals from Eddie when they show up, I ordered them in red and white.
I have LOD signiture sliders on order and they should arrive in two weeks or so. After that I should be satisfied for a bit. I want to wait and see what the venders come up with before I make too many plans.

The old
17BB9417-2F49-4D09-8EF8-D5ED392E5D49.jpg

The new
IMG_0482.jpg

JKbrick

Got new Rubicon style emblems on today and replaced the chrome ones. Also debadged the decals from below them. Here is a before and after.
I have Wrangler decals coming in medium grey with red trim and those are in the lettering style of the Rubicon.
I will add my JL decals from Eddie when they show up, I ordered them in red and white.
I have LOD signiture sliders on order and they should arrive in two weeks or so. After that I should be satisfied for a bit. I want to wait and see what the venders come up with before I make too many plans.

The old
View attachment 301361

The new
View attachment 301362

The after looks a lot better imo

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Representing

Got these last night, one for each side. Wasn't sure if the "J" in black would show up very well so I went with the white.
It's a little loud right now but it should balance out better later. I will probably add the JLWrangler windshield banner in white.
I am also considering machined finished beadlock wheels, powder-coated in a metallic red but a polished ring. The ring will really stand out.
That is much down the road however...

IMG_0484.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The after looks a lot better imo

Thank you Sir!

Looks great! Any progress on the 7?

Thanks! Actually it's a 5, but to answer your question... progress is slow. Having a new house and two Jeeps causes all of them to not get quite enough attention. First world problems for sure.

Congratulations

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very nice! Congrats!

Congrats [emoji322][emoji323][emoji898]

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I appreciate it! :drinks:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The UNWANTED Mod

Less than 1500 miles and I already need a new windshield. Apparently, the extra lean on the windshield frame does not improve the aerodynamics enough to lessen rock chip incidents.

My irritated and non-scientific opinion aside, the bigger hassle is none of the glass places have it yet because it is so new. They have to order it directly from a dealership.

This will take somewhere between 5 days and two weeks. After it comes in, then I can set an appointment.

It's not the end of the world, but I did want to take it to California to see some family this weekend, but it's a pain to look out of because the crack is right in the line of sight.

I keep getting blinded when the sun hits it just right or when it's dark and headlights glare across it. Looks like we take the wife's family truckster instead. :grayno:

In better news, my LOD sliders are showing a delivery date of Thursday from FedEx. So, sweet!

IMG_0487.jpg

WhiteMetal

Wow mines crack exact same place and it was in the first week didn’t quit make it to the other side of windshield. but that’s crazy I’ll take a pic later looks like the same crack

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
LOD sliders

The LOD sliders came today. Packaged very nicely and in perfect condition. Super easy install, less than an hour.
There are still 3 holes I need to drill, but these things are very solid as is. For street use, you don't even need the extra holes. It will easily hold the weight of a big boy.
Other than the extra holes it's an easy bolt on and they are a bit different than the JK ones install wise.
I would highly recommend to anyone and definitely do the powdercoat if you want it in black. It looks really good and no one else is going to be able to do it for only $20 extra dollars.

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Bestop

This is at the top of my list when it comes out this fall. Loved the fast back on my JK (and my original CJ). This is even nicer.
The video shows that the Sunrider portion is better and the rear panels go on and off really easy. Bestop makes great stuff.
May do the soft half doors and uppers too for top down weather. They look good as well, though not much different than the JK ones.

IMG_0867.jpg

Last edited:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Knew it wouldn't take long. I love that top but hated trying to use the rear cargo area lol. I had to unzip all the time. I'd still buy it again and again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom