Fords rock the desert like no jeep can

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'd take a Ram Rebel over the Raptor. That air ride is sweet and the ride is silky smooth. Not to mention it flat out moves for a truck.

Agreed. I've been looking at new trucks recently and the RAM Rebel seems to be what I'm looking for.

Although I did find a super sweet looking, bright yellow RAM 1500 with the sport package at a local dealership. It's a 2016 (brand new) so they want it gone to make room for the 2017 trucks. They had it listed for like 15k under MSRP.

Raptor ride is great with the Fox 3.0s on all 4 corners and that new V6 is good.
Ecoboost put 416 to the rear wheels, 0-60 in just over 5 seconds and runs the 1/4 mile in 14. That's stock.
I knocked the V6 till I drove it and I forgot all about the old 6.2 the raptor had.
The Ram Rebel is a nice truck too but I'm going to stay with the Ford.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've driven both recently. While the Ram Rebel is an awesome truck, in my opinion the New Raptor is still a different animal. It's just so damn expensive, as the dealerships here on the Island mark them up like crazy!

That's badass lol! Reminds me of the Local Motors Rally Fighter!

Anyways... comparing Jeeps to Raptors is retarded. They are built and intended for two completely different things. Both can do most general off road trails. If your into bombing through open desert or want a decent prerunner, you would love the Raptor and likely won't be cross shopping Jeeps. If you like rock crawling, or any open air wheeling, I doubt your cross shopping full size trucks. Not sure what the OPs intent was, but it's just a silly comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
This sort of thing just leaves me shaking my head. Must just be me. I hate needlessly abusing my equipment. Almost weekly, literally, one of the groups I belong to has a shot like this one. Sometimes the same person more than once. Mud is cool they say. They dunk their jeep (this pic is before it sank even further). dunked.jpg .

Then the next week we see pics of the interior and how it half-filled with muck. Then, requests for guidance and 'what could be wrong' when all manner of things stop working. If I had a trail-only beater I just didn't care about and wanted to beat up, fine. But most are daily drivers and their most significant asset. This past weekend, there were two award winners.

Just hate seeing good equipment abused.

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I think Mel should meet this gut at King of the Hammers and then we'll see if he can still rock the desert. Since Mel IS a nice guy though, I'm sure when he gets done showing Mr. Raptor dirt and tail lights in the straights he would stop and call AAA for Raptor guy when he rips out his suspension in the first ten feet of the rock section.

Angry Aussie

Yeah, as long as there is decent Terrain, his Raptor will haul ass.

https://youtu.be/zjNPjLAI0DE

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! What is it with Raptor drivers?!?! Sure having tons of horsepower may be fun but when your don't have the ground clearance to do any wheeling and get hung up and the smallest things. How embarrassing. I wheel that exact same spot and have never once had an issue in the Jeep. Sure your truck my have more power but it's off roading capabilities compared to a Jeep is a Joke.

Top Bottom