Do those Monster Masher tires and 12,000lb. winch get you to the supermarket for Wonderbread?

Macarena Man

Do those Monster Masher tires and 12,000lb. winch get you to the supermarket for Wonderbread?

Using 'Google Earth' and looking at some of the locations that some members call home ..... urban areas mostly, lots of pavement, maybe a gravel road now and then ...
It begs the question: Do you really need a Jeep?
Do those 'Monster Masher' tires and that 12,000lb. winch help you get to the supermarket when you run out of 'Wonderbread' or you need some more 'Canadian Bacon' .... ?
If, for example ... you lived in Saukville, Wisconsin, or Darlington, Pennsylvania, would you even need to go 'off-road' at all ?
Just wondering ......

Sgt_USMC

Why does it matter to you where someone lives? I live in san diego, yes a big city. I own a tj, and I love it! I got it because it enables me to get to a place that my other vehicles can't. Even though I dont go there much anymore, I will never give up my baby. I drive it as much as I can! To be honest, this is a completely stupid question to ask. I don't need to be close to or in a rural area to own a jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Why a Jeep ?

Using 'Google Earth' and looking at some of the locations that some members call home ..... urban areas mostly, lots of pavement, maybe a gravel road now and then ...
Do those 'Monster Masher' tires and that 12,000lb. winch help you get to the supermarket when you run out of 'Wonderbread' or you need some more 'Canadian Bacon' .... ?
If, for example ... you lived in Saukville, Wisconsin, or Darlington, Pennsylvania, would you even need to go 'off-road' at all ?
Just wondering ......

They better question is why are you here, on this forum, troll? Are your panties still in a twist, over the engine oil thread? Didn't get your troll rocks off there?

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?36522-Dont-let-used-engine-oil-go-to-waste/page9

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Just wondering ......

:cheesy: :cheesy::cheesy:Thanks for caring enough to know where I live to look up wonderful 'ol Darlington! I'm flattered!

Why a Jeep? Once you've been here for awhile and get to know the personalities of the guys here, you'll see that pretty much most of the people here share a passion of the outdoors and getting out into them as much as possible. Our Jeeps are gateway vehicles to do that. Do we all need 12,000lb winches (mines 10,000 BTW ;)) and 'Monster Masher' tires? Nope. But having a built rig allows you to do more challenging things and go to places you normally wouldn't.

*Sigh* I'll indulge you here without any malice and explain why for me personally (and this is one of the reasons we all give 'waves' when we join up). I've worked my ass off for 30 years raising kids and getting my family business to the point where I could do all of this. Like many others out there, I couldn't afford any of this shit up until my kids got out on their own and got jobs, etc, etc. I've always had decent cars and even a truck or two that I modded what little I could afford to do but still have money to do all the stuff that kids do these days: Horse riding lessons, basketball, lacrosse, volleyball, and on and on. But I ALWAYS wanted "MY JEEP" and rather impatiently waited for the right time. Almost 3 years ago was finally time. So here I am.

You're right, unlike the guys out West most of us in the East aren't blessed with the ability to go to the end of the road and be in the wilderness in 10 minutes. But we do have a ton of opportunities to get out in the woods, we just have to work harder to find them. We have several offroad parks, and there are many many forest roads and some gnarly trails within a 2 hour drive from Darlington. I also built my rig so that I could go pretty much anywhere I wanted and have the ability to drive back home again. Been to Moab this year, several trips to our "mountains", Rausch Creek twice, and the couple miles of trails shared with my neighbor behind my house anytime I choose to. Besides one bent axle flange and a leaking thermostat housing I've had zero issues.

So there you have it. Do I drive it to the store? Yep. Do I sometimes drive it making sales calls in the Summer with the top off? You bet your ass! Do I go to get wonder bread with it? Sometimes. But I NEVER, EVER, use it to go get canadian bacon. I get the good stuff at a local butcher shop. ;)

I don't really know what your intentions were here. If it was to poke at a couple guys or just asking a general question? If the former, no biggie. If the latter, then I question why you are even here. This community is here because we all share several overlapping passions.And honestly, its no ones business why or how we choose to build our rigs or spend our money.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
:cheesy: :cheesy::cheesy:Thanks for caring enough to know where I live to look up wonderful 'ol Darlington! I'm flattered!

Why a Jeep? Once you've been here for awhile and get to know the personalities of the guys here, you'll see that pretty much most of the people here share a passion of the outdoors and getting out into them as much as possible. Our Jeeps are gateway vehicles to do that. Do we all need 12,000lb winches (mines 10,000 BTW ;)) and 'Monster Masher' tires? Nope. But having a built rig allows you to do more challenging things and go to places you normally wouldn't.

*Sigh* I'll indulge you here without any malice and explain why for me personally (and this is one of the reasons we all give 'waves' when we join up). I've worked my ass off for 30 years raising kids and getting my family business to the point where I could do all of this. Like many others out there, I couldn't afford any of this shit up until my kids got out on their own and got jobs, etc, etc. I've always had decent cars and even a truck or two that I modded what little I could afford to do but still have money to do all the stuff that kids do these days: Horse riding lessons, basketball, lacrosse, volleyball, and on and on. But I ALWAYS wanted "MY JEEP" and rather impatiently waited for the right time. Almost 3 years ago was finally time. So here I am.

You're right, unlike the guys out West most of us in the East aren't blessed with the ability to go to the end of the road and be in the wilderness in 10 minutes. But we do have a ton of opportunities to get out in the woods, we just have to work harder to find them. We have several offroad parks, and there are many many forest roads and some gnarly trails within a 2 hour drive from Darlington. I also built my rig so that I could go pretty much anywhere I wanted and have the ability to drive back home again. Been to Moab this year, several trips to our "mountains", Rausch Creek twice, and the couple miles of trails shared with my neighbor behind my house anytime I choose to. Besides one bent axle flange and a leaking thermostat housing I've had zero issues.

So there you have it. Do I drive it to the store? Yep. Do I sometimes drive it making sales calls in the Summer with the top off? You bet your ass! Do I go to get wonder bread with it? Sometimes. But I NEVER, EVER, use it to go get canadian bacon. I get the good stuff at a local butcher shop. ;)

I don't really know what your intentions were here. If it was to poke at a couple guys or just asking a general question? If the former, no biggie. If the latter, then I question why you are even here. This community is here because we all share several overlapping passions.And honestly, its no ones business why or how we choose to build our rigs or spend our money.

:thumb::beer:

Top Bottom