What was done to your rig this week?

14ACES

I definitely need to add those to mine. The wrap around straps are ok, that would make the loading process even easier

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I got tired of the axle straps and making sure they didn’t hit or damage anything. Now I can just clip on and go. Welding a pair on the front axle tomorrow after the front truss.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
I definitely need to add those to mine. The wrap around straps are ok, that would make the loading process even easier

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I got tired of the axle straps and making sure they didn’t hit or damage anything. Now I can just clip on and go. Welding a pair on the front axle tomorrow after the front truss.

Those are sweet. I don't know if I'll ever need to use them but I got a set from Mac's tie downs just in case I ever do get a trailer.

14ACES

Those are sweet. I don't know if I'll ever need to use them but I got a set from Mac's tie downs just in case I ever do get a trailer.

I saw the Macs but they wanted a ton for them. All it is 1.5” square tubing cut and an angle on one end, notched for the axle tube on the other end and a slot cut for the hook. Took all of 20 minutes to make. You can buy a stick of 1.5 1/4” square tubing for the price of two of the mac tabs.

jdofmemi

All done! And with the shock bolts reversed. View attachment 348120

You will thank me when you need to pull the shocks and can unthread the nut instead of getting a cut off wheel and buying new bolts.

Looks like you could use a raised Trac bar bracket as well. That's quite an angle on yours. It must really wiggle the rear end going over big dips in the road.

14ACES

You will thank me when you need to pull the shocks and can unthread the nut instead of getting a cut off wheel and buying new bolts.

Looks like you could use a raised Trac bar bracket as well. That's quite an angle on yours. It must really wiggle the rear end going over big dips in the road.

The jeep has been real solid, smooth and controllable. I originally built it to do some mild prerunning. I haven’t had any problems with the back or with bump-steer in the front with the adjustable trackbars.

I just installed the 4” Evo plushride springs in the rear. Been running them in the front now for the last month. The front was big improvement over the teraflex spring. Can’t wait to see how it rides now with plushrides on front and rear.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug

jdofmemi

That’s funny the 3” are longer than the 3.5”

It's all about how many coils in the spring.
Less coils, higher spring rate, stiffer ride.
More coils, softer rate, smoother ride.

Dual rate has coils spaced closely, then farther, for soft ride over small bumps and stiffer as it compresses further.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
IMG_8100.jpg
Finally put the soft top on that I picked up for a $100 last fall. Hopefully my 2” Rancho comes in soon. I’m over the stock Jeep look.

Top Bottom