Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

Jackal01

20170829_185726%7E2.jpg
20170829_153433%7E2.jpg
20170829_075000%7E2.jpg
20170830_073047%7E2.jpg

The seeing of the sun last evening reminded me of Matrix Revolutions when the Logos breaks through the clouds and Trinity says "Beautiful". Luckily it doesn't appear dark clouds are in the near future.

Long road ahead for the Texas coast.

Finally home after 74 hours. Time to clean out the garage and dry out the mustang's interior. If you look at the black swing in the picture you can see pine needles on top...from rising water.

Brute

Hooked
View attachment 274698
View attachment 274699
View attachment 274700
View attachment 274701

The seeing of the sun last evening reminded me of Matrix Revolutions when the Logos breaks through the clouds and Trinity says "Beautiful". Luckily it doesn't appear dark clouds are in the near future.

Long road ahead for the Texas coast.

Finally home after 74 hours. Time to clean out the garage and dry out the mustang's interior. If you look at the black swing in the picture you can see pine needles on top...from rising water.

Man, I really feel for you guys...there are so many people who have lost their homes, businesses, their lives....the flooding is of biblical proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Ugh. I have friends in Sugar land that are taking water in their first floor right now. That's the thing...even if you were to evacuate, the transit roads are all flooded too.

I live near downtown and our road was flooded up to our knees last night. It's gone down since, but gotta keep an eye out. The water level rises incredibly fast with everything soaked up. And their about to open up the addicks which should make things interesting.

Hey Mike...how are you & your wife doing?

Jackal01

Man, I really feel for you guys...there are so many people who have lost their homes, businesses, their lives....the flooding is of biblical proportions.

I appreciate the sentiment. Two friends didn't have flood insurance and one did. One without isn't as bad as the others but it still sucks all the way around.

Brute

Hooked
I appreciate the sentiment. Two friends didn't have flood insurance and one did. One without isn't as bad as the others but it still sucks all the way around.

It's similar to housing plots on the Big Island that are in historical pathways of lava flows...land is cheap, and not insurable...I'm thinking property values will be going down in the Houston area, and flood insurance will be more expensive in the future...

Andy5160

Hooked
It's similar to housing plots on the Big Island that are in historical pathways of lava flows...land is cheap, and not insurable...I'm thinking property values will be going down in the Houston area, and flood insurance will be more expensive in the future...

Insurance premiums will go high up. Some of the areas which were never considered a flood zone will be now. Ask me how i know:) After Sandy hit NYC and since i am in a real estate, i have seen premiums nearly doubled in the flood zone areas. Also the reason being there are only three companies writing coverage in these areas.

Mikeyboc

Insurance premiums will go high up. Some of the areas which were never considered a flood zone will be now. Ask me how i know:) After Sandy hit NYC and since i am in a real estate, i have seen premiums nearly doubled in the flood zone areas. Also the reason being there are only three companies writing coverage in these areas.

There are several companies that stopped writing policies after our last flooding. It is certainly going to make things tougher on some.

Top Bottom