My life with a Brick

JKbrick

Are you still planning on working on it this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes not on mine but Arrcherr’s springs and if Ric doesn’t work we may fiddle with his rock skins or something, and your driveshaft. Oh and putting my hard top on my daughters Jeep after she gets off work at noon. That’s all! I plugged my tipm all together last night and clicked it down in the holding bracket and will hook up the battery tonight and start it

JKbrick

Well it is not the tipm, I’m so angry right now I’m ready to sell the fucking thing. Hooked it all up and the first time I put the key in it all the symptoms are still there.

Ddays

Hooked
Well it is not the tipm, I’m so angry right now I’m ready to sell the fucking thing. Hooked it all up and the first time I put the key in it all the symptoms are still there.

Oh man, that sucks. I'm with you, electrical gremlins are the absolute worst to try to chase down. Have you taken it anywhere to be scanned or have you done that already?

JKbrick

Oh man, that sucks. I'm with you, electrical gremlins are the absolute worst to try to chase down. Have you taken it anywhere to be scanned or have you done that already?

No I haven’t yet but I may have to, it’s never had a check engine light so I wasn’t sure if it would be worth the $ they are going to charge me to scan it?

Weebz

Caught the Bug
I don’t know this first hand yet but chasing my own electrical gremlins as you know. I have been clean and clear for a month or so now till today. Started getting my sway bar light again. In digging around I’ve heard a lot of people saying that if your sway bar motor or connection is bad it can lead to a lot
Of other electrical oddities. Might be worth a look.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I don’t know this first hand yet but chasing my own electrical gremlins as you know. I have been clean and clear for a month or so now till today. Started getting my sway bar light again. In digging around I’ve heard a lot of people saying that if your sway bar motor or connection is bad it can lead to a lot

I remember hearing the same thing also. That it can short out and cause lots of unrelated stuff.

JKbrick

I was actually thinking today about what all was submerged in Michigan! I’ll check that out

WJCO

Meme King
The dash is dead, wipers are stuck on, no turn signals, headlights are on, starts and runs fine, no interior light, I haven’t tried the lockers or sway bar

Sounds like a short somewhere. Any corrosion in the harness when you replaced the tipm? Any recent high water offroading? Honestly I would pull one fuse at a time to try an isolate which circuit the issue is occurring within.

Top Bottom