New QuietCrawler system for the 2012+ Jeep JK Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So looking under at my system (2013 JKU) it really won't work with the DTD, the reason being is that were it would "dump" right on the e-brake cable.
Now that being said, I know of a guy who took the parts from this system and made it work.
What he did (and he started with the 3.8 stock system as his platform, it has hangers in different locations) is buy the mufflers, clamps, and the front pipe.
What needs to happen (it looks) like for the DTD is to move the first muffler closer to the y-pipe, and scoot everything forward, so that the last muffler (the Race Bullet) dumps before the rear axle.

I will try and get pics once the snow melts...
:beer:

Awesome! I would love to see pics of this.

Ok I forgot I had this picture, this is off our 2012, but gives you an idea.
I will get images from over the rear and towards the front too, to see what we are all working with.

Pro Tip: When the shop installs your system, make sure you remove the plastic wrap. Muffler shops "like" this trick. :)

DynoMax_crawler_2012_zpsdrverk6v.jpg

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Really interested in this setup. I hate loud exhausts, at least since I have gotten older.

What affect does this have on the 3.6 auto tranny power band? Same, better, worse.

Ok here we go! Looking it over it MIGHT work on a DTD style system but will take some modifying on the end user's end....

So in this pic, you can see where our pipe (PN 52561) attaches here, but as you can also see you COULD cut some of this pipe to "scoot" the first muffler (PN 17283) towards the front

IMG_20160119_102915715_zpslk54qiln.jpg

The rear and it going OVER the rear axle. It looks like if you were to throw a short dump it would dump clear of the rear axle!!!!

IMG_20160119_103026739_HDR_zpsknrcu09w.jpg

Here is the rear hanger location, so if you were to get a turn down, it would need to be modified to work around the hanger.

IMG_20160119_103019156_HDR_zpsv3b2mm1o.jpg

In the system we include a small piece of tubing to add between the two mufflers, on my prototype the two mufflers work fine without it.

IMG_20160119_102958758_HDR_zpspgjghi0h.jpg

Clearance Clarence!!!!
:)

IMG_20160119_102923761_HDR_zpsfkcsoxca.jpg

Awesome! I would love to see pics of this.

BlueBox

It can be done and I have proof! I went the custom route and bought the pieces separately. Not using the tail pipe I was able to cover labor and misc matls with the savings. I was quoted $461 for the kit fwiw.

Attachments

• 1453245958504.jpg
    1453245958504.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 334
  • 1453245968351.jpg
    1453245968351.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 1453245978467.jpg
    1453245978467.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 340
In regards to the power band the changes will be minimal and shouldn't be noticed. I personally HATE the shift points on the AUTO transmission on these JK's, but I digress.
:icon_crazy:

Really interested in this setup. I hate loud exhausts, at least since I have gotten older.

What affect does this have on the 3.6 auto tranny power band? Same, better, worse.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It can be done and I have proof! I went the custom route and bought the pieces separately. Not using the tail pipe I was able to cover labor and misc matls with the savings. I was quoted $461 for the kit fwiw.

Awesome, nice job! :thumb:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I suppose, on a two door, I could have a pipe fabricated and put a race bullet where the factory muffler was, to quiet my Rockcrawler a tad?

Correct! Here is another thought... you could MAYBE use the muffler we use in the system (Full disclaimer I haven't been under a 2 door in along time!!) and that will quiet it down even more.
PN 17283 this is the Ultra Flo Welded
PN 17733is the Super Turbo so this will redirect/absorb more of the gases so a bit more quiet.

I suppose, on a two door, I could have a pipe fabricated and put a race bullet where the factory muffler was, to quiet my Rockcrawler a tad?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Correct! Here is another thought... you could MAYBE use the muffler we use in the system (Full disclaimer I haven't been under a 2 door in along time!!) and that will quiet it down even more.
PN 17283 this is the Ultra Flo Welded
PN 17733is the Super Turbo so this will redirect/absorb more of the gases so a bit more quiet.

I'm not sure it would fit, unless I relocated the Evap. Thx for the reply. The Rockcrawler sounds good, I'm just a little old, I guess.

Top Bottom