The Butters JK Build

Stotch

Caught the Bug

Stotch

Caught the Bug
IMG_20180911_182321.jpg
I think it was time to replace....
IMG_20180911_180849.jpg
And I got a tonneau cover because I'm tired of cleaning remnants of trees out of the back after hitting the trail.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
The brakes have been sounding pretty angry since the muddy SMORR run this past weekend. Finally got around to deep cleaning them today.
IMG_20181031_155537.jpg
IMG_20181031_155542.jpg
When I pulled the caliper off all this gunk fell out including that little rock (caliper bolt for scale). I'm guessing he's been the one that sounded like a dying eagle.
IMG_20181031_160944.jpg
Much cleaner now
IMG_20181031_161240.jpg
IMG_20181031_161246.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Took Butters out for some cold weather camping last weekend. Nice quiet day in the woods. I woke up to everything covered in a layer of ice from the freezing rain overnight. Glad the new winter gear was warm enough!
ColdCamp.jpg

herb04

badass build and the camping looks like it would be a nice break from the world if evern in the freezing cold and for one night.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Took him out with the wife to the woods last week for some peace and quiet camping. Bonus: the roads to get there aren't great ;)

flex1.jpg

flex2.jpg

camp.jpg

Stotch

Caught the Bug
RutRoah.jpg
Went out to SMORR a couple days ago. Had a little carnage, but nothing crazy. I broke the driver's side mirror somehow. I'm not exactly sure when, the mirror just fell out when it was sitting still lol. Rocker Knocker did a number on my passenger side rock slider too. Nice scrape and dent that didn't bother me too much, but then I noticed the bolts that mount to the pinch seam pulled all the way through. I'll have to take a closer look later and get some pictures, but new sliders are in the works anyway. More to come later...

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
View attachment 326499
Went out to SMORR a couple days ago. Had a little carnage, but nothing crazy. I broke the driver's side mirror somehow. I'm not exactly sure when, the mirror just fell out when it was sitting still lol. Rocker Knocker did a number on my passenger side rock slider too. Nice scrape and dent that didn't bother me too much, but then I noticed the bolts that mount to the pinch seam pulled all the way through. I'll have to take a closer look later and get some pictures, but new sliders are in the works anyway. More to come later...

Would love to see some photos of the slider bolt damage . This is what I worry about with my cheap sliders as well .. hasn’t made it up the upgrade list since they seem to be doing okay . I’ve had to retorque the mounting bolts after several wheeling trips tho

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
IMG_20190506_174136.jpg
IMG_20190506_075936.jpg
IMG_20190506_174013.jpg
IMG_20190506_174122.jpg
They don't line up straight anymore either. The rear is a bit higher than the front. It's possible they could survive a few more hits, but I wouldn't bet on it.
IMG_20190506_175105.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
After seeing monstrousmac's Jeep get tboned at 45mph with frame mounted Evo sliders, and zero frame or body damage done, I'll never run anything but frame mounted sliders.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I think you got your monies worth out of those sliders. Time for some stronger ones!

My thoughts exactly!
After seeing monstrousmac's Jeep get tboned at 45mph with frame mounted Evo sliders, and zero frame or body damage done, I'll never run anything but frame mounted sliders.
I'm looking forward to the upgrade, I've already talked with Bubba at Exodus ;)
What brand are those? They look like factory 10A sliders

They're Body Armor 4x4 I believe.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I tinkered a bit with the tailgate again today. The hinges just didn't feel rigid enough. I kept having to tighten them. Turns out I was crushing the four cheap washers that came with them:
IMG_20190511_193023.jpg
So I tacked on a support on the gate side:
IMG_20190511_143559.jpg
Then welded it up:
IMG_20190511_152346.jpg
IMG_20190511_152311.jpg
IMG_20190511_152425.jpg
Then painted and reinstalled with 8 new grade 8 washers:
IMG_20190511_183527.jpg
Then I put some new grease in them, but unfortunately the gun got stuck on the bottom zerk and I broke it off in the hinge [emoji26]
IMG_20190511_183539.jpg
Anyone know a good way to get it out and replace it?...

Coop

Caught the Bug
I have had good luck with a 1/16 inch drill bit and reverse the drill. Spun the zerks right out or at lease far enough to grab it with needle nose pliers.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I have had good luck with a 1/16 inch drill bit and reverse the drill. Spun the zerks right out or at lease far enough to grab it with needle nose pliers.

1/16 seemed a little small, but I tried a 1/8. It got it a quarter turn and stopped. It just won't bite anything. Thanks for the tip though!
Those will usually get it done, and the other end will clean up the threads so the new fitting fits right.
Good to hear, I ordered one and just wanted some reassurance that they weren't a joke like some specialty tools LOL. It should be here tomorrow and I'll give it a whirl.

Top Bottom