Jeep TJ pics

wjtstudios

Hooked
Na... we went out to Twisted Trails to see the new land they added!!! We had a blast on the new trails... a few lines haven’t been conquered yet.

P.S. I think there is a small group of us going to Rocks & Valleys Saturday the 26th for the day.

Keep me updated, I should be able to make that run.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
How do the BFG all terrains do for you? I’m torn between the ko2s and a more aggressive mud trrrain.

The BFG ATs are great for an all-terrain. What do you use the Jeep for? If you spend more time offroad in mud or shallow snow, the Mud Terrains are probably a better option but if you spend most of the time on pavement with light offroading, the ATs should be fine.

dustinfromohio

The BFG ATs are great for an all-terrain. What do you use the Jeep for? If you spend more time offroad in mud or shallow snow, the Mud Terrains are probably a better option but if you spend most of the time on pavement with light offroading, the ATs should be fine.

It’s basically an adventure vehicle. I don’t daily drive it, mostly just take the dogs/kid to the lake, hiking, etc. mix of highway/dirt roads, no extreme wheeling. I don’t have a need for mud terrains but I also don’t have a need to avoid them if that makes sense.

wjtstudios

Hooked
How do the BFG all terrains do for you? I’m torn between the ko2s and a more aggressive mud trrrain.

I’ve run both the ATs and the Muds. They both wear extremely well. My 37” muds on my JK have 33k on them and there is still more than half the tread left when I compare them to my CJ with 33” muds with about 3k on them. I ran 33” ATs on the CJ for 20 years and loved them and just switched to the muds.

As WJCO said, it all depends on use. The muds are awesome in the dirt and rocks. Their a bit louder than the ATs, but that’s expected. The ATs will give you a better overall road ride and are great in the rain and Snow. They do well off-road, but can’t get the traction in the Mud the way the KMs do. The Muds are not the best in the snow on the road or the trail. So if it’s a DD like mine, be careful on snow roads in the hills. They like to slide.

WJCO

Meme King
It’s basically an adventure vehicle. I don’t daily drive it, mostly just take the dogs/kid to the lake, hiking, etc. mix of highway/dirt roads, no extreme wheeling. I don’t have a need for mud terrains but I also don’t have a need to avoid them if that makes sense.

Have you looked into the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs? They are a pretty aggressive AT tire and are fricking amazing in ice and snow. I think ours have close to 30k on them and still a little bit of life left. We'll get another set for sure.

mntj91

I’m a big fan of the ko2’s. They replaced a set of cooper discover stt’s I had for years. In the snow they seem to do better than the mud grap’s. Great ride quality and great life expectancy. With a little air out and fresh snow they do exceptionally well. They are also quieter and smoother on the black top.

dustinfromohio

Have you looked into the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs? They are a pretty aggressive AT tire and are fricking amazing in ice and snow. I think ours have close to 30k on them and still a little bit of life left. We'll get another set for sure.

I think I need to see them in person because they don’t look very aggressive online. I had MTRs on my first Jeep and hated them in the ice/snow and rain we get.

dustinfromohio

I’ve run both the ATs and the Muds. They both wear extremely well. My 37” muds on my JK have 33k on them and there is still more than half the tread left when I compare them to my CJ with 33” muds with about 3k on them. I ran 33” ATs on the CJ for 20 years and loved them and just switched to the muds.

As WJCO said, it all depends on use. The muds are awesome in the dirt and rocks. Their a bit louder than the ATs, but that’s expected. The ATs will give you a better overall road ride and are great in the rain and Snow. They do well off-road, but can’t get the traction in the Mud the way the KMs do. The Muds are not the best in the snow on the road or the trail. So if it’s a DD like mine, be careful on snow roads in the hills. They like to slide.

I don’t mind a little additional noise from mud terrains as it’s not a daily driver but I also don’t want to be white knuckled if I decide to go on a ski trip to the mountains and get stuck in a blizzard. The original mtrs on my first tj were downright scary in the rain and ice.

Top Bottom