JL Wrangler Rubicon

tgutierrez

I was told the 2 JLs were shipped from Michigan wrapped in tarps to Abilene, TX where the they were picked up and driven to El Paso under the cover of darkness. I will say that the other JL (which I didn’t bother taking pictures of) was a sport unlimited base model and it looked like CRAP compared to the Rubicon. I honestly thought it was a renegade from a distance. The Rubicon I was told was fully loaded, all it was missing was the heated seats option. To which the gentleman driving it said he left the option out on purpose.

WJCO

Meme King
Too funny that people are still covering them up like it's some special secret even though they've been fully reveled now. Like a girl covering up when you come in the room even though youve seen her naked a thousand times.

Personally I love the red dash. It is very nice to see something else than all this black boring shit. You see, I´m from scandinavia ( sweden ) and here there is a lot of shitty german cars and they are for the most times all black inside and they are boring as hell. Threre is no personality at all and must say it is refreshing to see american dash and interior because they have always been mor fun to look at compared to the boring shit we always have had over here.

And there is one more thing I do not get. The comments that that is to much money for a jeep. Those comments is sad by Americans and Europeans and other people around the world. So, my question is, why is not a jeep allowed to cost a lot of money?

A boring and soulless BMW or a Mercedes cost a lot more and what makes them so god they are worth so muych more? And yes, besides my lovely jku I´ve owned a lot of germans and japanese cars in my life and they have not in a single way been better cars what so ever. Well, there is actually one thing german cars are very good at and that is to rust like hell. :eek:

I think the res dash is cool, something different, tasteful but funky. Reminds me a bit of my 08 in Rescue Green, and how the color on the inside of the door panels kind of jumped out at you.

It's subjective, not so will like it, and I agree after market will have a kit for those wishing to change it.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
So playing around on the "Build and Price" section on the Jeep website, the red dash only comes on the Rubicons with the black seats. It's a gray dash with the tan seats. All other trim levels get the gray dash. And that's if the "Build & Price" is working right.

Not a fan of the red dash either.

$55K for a Wrangler!? :shock: That's almost as much as my Silverado 3500 diesel dually. Probably add on another $7K for the diesel when it's available next year. Bought my '92 YJ new for $12k. Only got 1 option added, a radio. They weren't standard back then.

You haven’t priced pickups lately, have you?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
It’s all about popularity, supply and demand. Im sure they will sell JLURs for as much as they think people will pay for them. I would love to buy one, but I can’t see paying that kind of money for one.

It will be interesting to see if they will start leasing them if they don’t meet their sales numbers.

tgutierrez

I ended up taking home a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited JK Sahara...I was hell bent on taking a 2017 Rubicon base model, but the damn all RED fenders and freedom top AND navigation on the Sahara caught my wife's eye. She over-ruled my decision...she didnt care too much about locking differentials...I'll post some pictures of her once I lift her.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I ended up taking home a 2018 Wrangler Unlimited JK Sahara...I was hell bent on taking a 2017 Rubicon base model, but the damn all RED fenders and freedom top AND navigation on the Sahara caught my wife's eye. She over-ruled my decision...she didnt care too much about locking differentials...I'll post some pictures of her once I lift her.

Congrats on your new Jeep! Sorry to hear that your wife picked it out though? [emoji848] Or is it hers?

Defcon3JKU

Looks nice but 55k? For a Jeep?!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

My 17 JKUHR sticker was $53,000 but we didn’t pay that for it. They are definitely high in price these days. We got lucky with ours in Atlanta because they have such high inventory they can afford to cut the price down. They gave me $5,000 more than KBB for my 15 Sahara and took $10,000 off list price of the JKUHR.

Gbint

Speaking of price..... how it seems to work out here in B.C. is pay the sticker price or go home. However you can negotiate your trade in value. When I bought my 14 JK I had no trade in and was paying cash... nobody gave me a break on retail.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Until today I intentionally avoided watching any of the reviews or off road tests for the new JL. I wanted to avoid making myself sick with buyer's remorse. I watched several today, it really has some cool stuff and awesome out of the box capabilities. The 2 door is sick looking no doubt!! That being said after everything I watched and read today I wasn't so impressed that I'm mad at myself for not waiting. I'm really excited about following all the new builds on them and I'm sure eventually I'll get the itch but for now I couldn't be happier with my heep

wjtstudios

Hooked
Until today I intentionally avoided watching any of the reviews or off road tests for the new JL. I wanted to avoid making myself sick with buyer's remorse. I watched several today, it really has some cool stuff and awesome out of the box capabilities. The 2 door is sick looking no doubt!! That being said after everything I watched and read today I wasn't so impressed that I'm mad at myself for not waiting. I'm really excited about following all the new builds on them and I'm sure eventually I'll get the itch but for now I couldn't be happier with my heep

After seeing it and driving it yesterday, they are gorgeous and it drove great. With all that clearance, I’m sure it is extremely capable off the lot. I was worried that I’d get the itch to move in that direction and exactly the opposite happened. I love what they have done, it’s beautiful, but it’s not a significant directional change from my JKU. More of a facelift. I think I’m going to stay where I’m at for a while.

Top Bottom