Longarmwj builds a JKU

longarmwj

Wow, nice.

I have a friend who has an Eaton M90 off of an old Buick Regal that he said he'd sell me. If I decide to get it, it'll be a totally custom 1 off supercharger setup. Bigger radiator, auxiliary fans, etc to keep the temps in check also.

longarmwj

Small update but an update none the less. Let’s start by saying I’d never personally pay to put something like these on my jeep, but a local guy was getting rid of a set for free so I figured why not snatch them up.
IMG_1390.jpg

I had some color match paint left over from when I did my interior trim, so I primed and painted them. I pictures because it was dark when I finished. But this is how they look on the jeep. Gotta day they didn’t come out too bad!! And the color match is perfect
Image1522536720.017933.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Small update but an update none the less. Let’s start by saying I’d never personally pay to put something like these on my jeep, but a local guy was getting rid of a set for free so I figured why not snatch them up.
View attachment 297988

I had some color match paint left over from when I did my interior trim, so I primed and painted them. I pictures because it was dark when I finished. But this is how they look on the jeep. Gotta day they didn’t come out too bad!! And the color match is perfect
View attachment 297989

Can’t beat free! They look good!

longarmwj

Finally build update time. As some may remember, I posted a thread asking about what a couple of noises I was hearing was. The noise in the rear ended up being a bad brake caliper in the form of a stuck piston, meanwhile up front the noise I was hearing ended up being a bad axle bushing and a bad lower control arm bushing causing the axle to move around. Fun stuff, no?

Anyhow, I placed an order for new rear pads, a caliper rebuild kit (piston rebuild with new piston), Mopar upper axle side bushings, and I was going to order just a set of lower control arms for the front for the time being, but came across a good deal on some new in box front and rear adjustable control arms that a guy about an hour from me is selling because he bought them, then decided to go long arm.

He said the brand is Mammoth 4x4, which I have never heard of, but it appears that they are DOM tubing with Johnny Joints, so they look pretty stout.

longarmwj

Update: after a quick internet search it appears that Mammoth 4x4 is sold exclusively through Extreme Terrain...yuck :crazy_eyes:

Reviews on them seem to be positive though, and I feel better about agreeing to buy them knowing my money isn't actually going to Extreme Terrain. He's losing his ass on these things though that's for sure. Selling them for 100 bucks under retail value for them :yup:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Finally build update time. As some may remember, I posted a thread asking about what a couple of noises I was hearing was. The noise in the rear ended up being a bad brake caliper in the form of a stuck piston, meanwhile up front the noise I was hearing ended up being a bad axle bushing and a bad lower control arm bushing causing the axle to move around. Fun stuff, no?

Anyhow, I placed an order for new rear pads, a caliper rebuild kit (piston rebuild with new piston), Mopar upper axle side bushings, and I was going to order just a set of lower control arms for the front for the time being, but came across a good deal on some new in box front and rear adjustable control arms that a guy about an hour from me is selling because he bought them, then decided to go long arm.

He said the brand is Mammoth 4x4, which I have never heard of, but it appears that they are DOM tubing with Johnny Joints, so they look pretty stout.

It’s sold exclusively by Extreme Terrain. Idk anything about them, other than don’t pay too much for them, since they are used.

IMG_2738.jpg

longarmwj

It’s sold exclusively by Extreme Terrain. Idk anything about them, other than don’t pay too much for them, since they are used.

View attachment 312771

I didn’t pay much for them. Worst case scenario is I install them and realize they are shit and I’ll run them temporarily until I can get something better, if need be.

Pretty sure anything would be an upgrade compared to what I have now though [emoji23]

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I didn’t pay much for them. Worst case scenario is I install them and realize they are shit and I’ll run them temporarily until I can get something better, if need be.

Pretty sure anything would be an upgrade compared to what I have now though [emoji23]

Yeah, that was my point. If you got them for the right price, why not?

Ddays

Hooked

Look again - those aren't Johnny Joints! Looks like everything these dickheads sell is a knockoff. :grayno:

longarmwj

Look again - those aren't Johnny Joints! Looks like everything these dickheads sell is a knockoff. :grayno:

Appears that you would be correct.

I still feel like it will be worth trying them out for the time being. At least it won't have blown bushings :idontknow:

Ddays

Hooked
Appears that you would be correct.

I still feel like it will be worth trying them out for the time being. At least it won't have blown bushings :idontknow:

True that.

Maybe as penance you can make a bunch of bootleg stickers of their logo and add "For a good time call" at their 800# & post it up everywhere? :idontknow:

longarmwj

True that.

Maybe as penance you can make a bunch of bootleg stickers of their logo and add "For a good time call" at their 800# & post it up everywhere? :idontknow:
LMFAO! Make an internet post with their number saying that it is a new free phone sex hotline.

It would be fitting considering they fuck people over, but in the cheap kind of way.

Top Bottom