The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Not sure about the Reids, but the Rancho knuckles don’t raise the drag link higher than the normal flipped position. The tie rod is raised, but not the drag link.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Correct - the DL mount is in the stock location. I had 2 issues going on - the raised tie rod location along with the increased diameter was now causing the clearance issue with the ram mount on it hitting the diff cover. The larger dia of the drag link caused it to contact the frame.

GTJeeper

Since the EVO carrier pretty much blocks up the entire rear view, I've been looking for a wireless backup camera for some time. I found one last fall at the Quarter Horse Congress show in Columbus. Finally got it mounted up. Cool thing about this one is that I can view it either on my iPad in the dash, or my phone at any time I want, not just when backing up. I tested it out over the Winter and it works really well.

View attachment 325453

That’s a cool idea with the wireless camera, hopefully it holds up well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Driveshafts back from rebuilding and balancing. Wanted to get this done before the trip to Drummond Island. Damn shop sure cut it close....

20190730_201513_resized.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Wow I guess so, throw them in and hit the road

Already in and ready to roll. I'm dyin - wish I was leaving today :grayno:

Local shop? Good price? I need to do mine, especially my front

Yeah, local shop. Total for both was under $300 - $279 or something like that. and that included balancing. I had these guys totally redo the front last year including the Cardan pieces. The famous guys like Adams, Reel, Woods, all
make good driveshafts sure, but this shit ain't rocket science. Any local shop worth a damn should be able to make shafts just as good as any other. These guys also cut the yoke off of the front shaft and re-welded it back on because he wasn't happy with the run-out on it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Already in and ready to roll. I'm dyin - wish I was leaving today :grayno:

Yeah, local shop. Total for both was under $300 - $279 or something like that. and that included balancing. I had these guys totally redo the front last year including the Cardan pieces. The famous guys like Adams, Reel, Woods, all
make good driveshafts sure, but this shit ain't rocket science. Any local shop worth a damn should be able to make shafts just as good as any other. These guys also cut the yoke off of the front shaft and re-welded it back on because he wasn't happy with the run-out on it.

Nice! I need to find a local shop.

Ddays

Hooked
Horsepower night! Added new stickers to Gruff and Badger

Cowl flag stickers for Badger

20190809_211057_resized.jpg

Cool Drummond Island and Turtle Ridge stickers for Gruff

20190809_211940_resized.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Not a collection I'm particularly thrilled to have. That's what $1000 worth of bent chrome-moly semi-float D60 flanges looks like.

20190809_212905_resized.jpg

Top Bottom