NEW PRODUCT: Rock Hard 4x4 C-Pillar Brace Kit for Jeep Wrangler JK4DR 07-Up [RH-1035]

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Tuffy 326-01 Security Products Deluxe Security Deck Enclosure for 11-17 Jeep[emoji768] Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK :thumb:

Yeah, I just installed the same one and didn't have to do much. I bent the metal on the deck a little bit back just in case there would be a rattle, but really it fit well without touching.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tuffy 326-01 Security Products Deluxe Security Deck Enclosure for 11-17 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK :thumb:

Yeah, I just installed the same one and didn't have to do much. I bent the metal on the deck a little bit back just in case there would be a rattle, but really it fit well without touching.

To be clear so we can update our site, you have the same one but had to make modifications?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
To be clear so we can update our site, you have the same one but had to make modifications?

The tolerances are tight, but no modifications were really required. Only thing I would suggest is cutting a couple small pieces of the trim guard that comes with the tuffy security deck to put on both sides of the deck were the c-pillars are. That should prevent any vibrations if they were to touch, or you could bend the tabs out of the way a bit to be extra sure.

GearHead71

These look great! I like the idea of extra protection around my kids back there. I'm going to be getting these, the rear overhead bars, and the front cage within the next few months. I just can't decide if I should paint them black myself or have a shop color match them to the jeep.

I'd also be interested in a picture of the inner fender since I don't have liners back there.

Edit:
Never mind! I just saw Eddie's write up on it which is extremely helpful. Not sure how that didn't pop up before when I was searching for info on these C-Pillars. Thanks Eddie!
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...r-4-Door-C-Pillar-Brace-Installation-Write-Up

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I just can't decide if I should paint them black myself or have a shop color match them to the jeep.

Most body shop supply houses can mix up custom paint cans to match your factory paint. Just give them the paint code from inside the drivers side door jamb tag & they can do it. Did that with mine and it came out great.
I like them to match the factory roll bars. I did the dash bar in satin black though. I got 2 cans to do all of the front cage pieces but was on fumes at the very end. Be safe & get an extra if you go this route

GearHead71

Most body shop supply houses can mix up custom paint cans to match your factory paint. Just give them the paint code from inside the drivers side door jamb tag & they can do it. Did that with mine and it came out great.
I like them to match the factory roll bars. I did the dash bar in satin black though. I got 2 cans to do all of the front cage pieces but was on fumes at the very end. Be safe & get an extra if you go this route
This is how I'm leaning as well. Blue for the majority of the cage and black for the dash bar. I agree with you, I think having it match the factory bars will look good.

I know you can get Hydro Blue paint and do it yourself but from what I've read it's expensive, might be worth just having a shop do it for me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

C-Pillars in. Under the carpet and through the sport cage padding. Great product Rock Hard!

Hey Sharkey. I know this is nearly a year ago now, but did you cut the 2"x2" X to mount under the carpet? I hope to install mine tomorrow and hope mine ends up as clean as yours. Thanks in advance!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Be careful with the roll bar padding. It's easy to end up with too big of an X. Again, just start smaller than you think and work your way bigger as necessary.

USMC Wrangler

Be careful with the roll bar padding. It's easy to end up with too big of an X. Again, just start smaller than you think and work your way bigger as necessary.

Great advice! I went a little too far installing the 3rd row bar. The roll bar material definitely stretches a lot more than expected.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Nice work. That turned out very clean. Did you run the bolts backwards through the tub? I installed mine per the instructions but I'm going to to reverse the bolts so the button heads are in the wheel well Seems like that substantially reduces the chance of tire damage at full stuff.

USMC Wrangler

Nice work. That turned out very clean. Did you run the bolts backwards through the tub? I installed mine per the instructions but I'm going to to reverse the bolts so the button heads are in the wheel well Seems like that substantially reduces the chance of tire damage at full stuff.

Thank you! Yes, I did run them opposite of the instructions. I noticed in your Shark Tank thread you wanted to do that, so thanks for the great idea! :yup: I did throw some black VHT on after taking this pic.

IMG_4053.JPG

dillard09

Thank you! Yes, I did run them opposite of the instructions. I noticed in your Shark Tank thread you wanted to do that, so thanks for the great idea! :yup: I did throw some black VHT on after taking this pic.

View attachment 271094
Nice work! I did the same thing with the wheel well bolts. Hit them with some bedliner that I have the wheel wells coated in and you can hardly notice them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom