Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

jesse3638

Hooked
Cheap ass Christian private schools... my wife’s school is going in a round about way of laying her off. They don’t need 2 first grade classes next year so they are laying her off. Her new contract says they will only have 2 first grade if there are so many kids... oh and if it does happen, here is a nice raise (which it will most likely not happen and we will let you know right before the next school year starts)...

So instead of laying off the other (disorganized, dresses like a slob, her classroom seriously looks like a hoarder dump, less quality teacher, who is cold towards kids and barely finishes any projects) who just so happens to be the head of the schools wife, they are laying off the more qualified, very organized, more experienced teacher, who is pretty much fully opposite of the other teacher...

Also, the class sizes are higher than public school classes. If I had a child, I wouldn’t be paying to have my kid in class with that many kids. The second grade class size at this school is at 20 already, they aren’t splitting into another class...

They really do, especially in the private schools... I think she will be leaving the teaching career after 9 years of teaching. Her major wasn’t in teaching so to become a public school teacher she would have to jump through hoops or go back to school for another few years just to get her major in teaching. Funny thing is, she even has a year towards her masters in teaching.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Private schools make their own rules and a lot of times it doesn't benefit the students. There is a local Christian school which is moving locations because they can't afford their lease payment anymore. My friends kids went there and the raised their combined tuition by nearly 1000 a month. He also said their education didnt' seem to be on par with other kids their ages. Needless to say they are attending public school now. The paper said the school has been doing fund raisers to try and make up the difference. They also sighted declining enrollment and loss of students. I wonder why? People can't afford to send their kids there and they're not learning what they should be. It's like a restaurant serving crappy food and instead of changing their food to bring customers in they just up the menu prices to compensate for the loss of them.

Jsouder53

Hooked
I'm really sorry to hear that. Private schools make their own rules and a lot of times it doesn't benefit the students. There is a local Christian school which is moving locations because they can't afford their lease payment anymore. My friends kids went there and the raised their combined tuition by nearly 1000 a month. He also said their education didnt' seem to be on par with other kids their ages. Needless to say they are attending public school now. The paper said the school has been doing fund raisers to try and make up the difference. They also sighted declining enrollment and loss of students. I wonder why? People can't afford to send their kids there and they're not learning what they should be. It's like a restaurant serving crappy food and instead of changing their food to bring customers in they just up the menu prices to compensate for the loss of them.

We’ve had issues (such as bitchy teachers and principals that just had no backbone and schools not paying for supplies) with another private school (she has taught at 3 total) in the past but none as bad as this school... there was one school I wish we had never left! They were paying for her masters and tons money there [emoji23] But we moved here to Montana [emoji22]

I have a feeling many private schools are disappearing, except for the ones that have been established and proven for many years that are expanding still. Before we left Florida there were 2 in a few years that closed. The school she is teaching at has had a few red flags recently, one being they announced they will need to take out a loan to pay teachers one month next year.

We are looking at it as a blessing in disguise. The school really wasn’t a good fit for her, all the teachers there were very dorky. They had her read so many books and they were very theological over thinkers... I recently went through a layoff and found a better paying job on the other side (also might be looking at another promotion in the next few weeks). So we are praying the same thing happens again!

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked

Well I think there is good news about a job already [emoji23] she might have found a daycare/preschool job at a Montessori school. Sounds like they will be talking pay and contract tomorrow (luckily she had today and tomorrow off for “personal” days)

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Well I think there is good news about a job already [emoji23] she might have found a daycare/preschool job at a Montessori school. Sounds like they will be talking pay and contract tomorrow (luckily she had today and tomorrow off for “personal” days)

Good to hear! Sometimes things work out for the best. Maybe this is one of those times.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Good to hear! Sometimes things work out for the best. Maybe this is one of those times.

Things sure do work out for the best! I believe this place will be a better fit for her. The headmaster already said, “their loss our gain” [emoji16]

RCVRY

I’m seriously pissed at my contractors. They’ve all taken a collective shit in the customer service department. Apparently schedules and lead time commitments mean absolutely nothing and honoring commitments is not important. The worst part is having to call them and ask what’s going on? Do they realize they are not the only contractor I’m trying to coordinate? I’m approving tens of thousands of dollars for purchase orders based on pricing and lead time and shit’s not getting done. WTF?!!! I fucking hate this time of year. Get your shit together assholes!🤬🤯

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom