Enforcers Unite!

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
You have to just love EVO tech support [emoji1303] I was getting a clunking noise from my front lower control arms and all I needed to do was line up the slots on the arm and the collar. 3 minutes on the phone and good to go Thank you EVO

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rand11b

First Post!

I've been a Wayalife lurker till now and have to say this thread is awesome and the perfect opportunity for my first post. I just received my 4" Enforcer stage 3 w/draglink flip yesterday and waiting on my King 2.5s. Still need to purchase new wheels & tires and new front DS. This is all for a 2017 Unlimited Rubicon Recon I have owned for 1 year now this month. Questions and concerns I have are in regards to making sure I have everything I need or even want before getting into installing this lift.

In regards to the lift, anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for additional items to add while I'm installing the lift? Things such as Evo front shock relocation, Rear Protek Shock skids and King bumpstops front and rear have crossed my mind and wanted to get some opinions on how necessary some of these or even other options may be. I'd like to address as much upgrades or improves that are highly recommended now while i'm doing the lift work. I'm in the burbs of Chicago and a noob to the off road world but plan to change both of those in the near future.

I'm also needing some guidance on wheels. Evo says 4.5" backspace is recommended but every wheel selection I've liked are only available in 4.75". I'm planning on going 20x12 with 37s. What issues would there be with going with 4.75 and would I be required to use spacers with them? I've got spacers on the jeep now just to give the stock setup a wider stance but ideally I'd like to not need them with new wheels. I admit this is currently more of a mall crawler for now but I do get in some offroading on military bases and soon on a couple localish trails i've discovered.

I'll stop there and would like to thank you guys in advance for any input provided!

Draconianwinter

I've been a Wayalife lurker till now and have to say this thread is awesome and the perfect opportunity for my first post. I just received my 4" Enforcer stage 3 w/draglink flip yesterday and waiting on my King 2.5s. Still need to purchase new wheels & tires and new front DS. This is all for a 2017 Unlimited Rubicon Recon I have owned for 1 year now this month. Questions and concerns I have are in regards to making sure I have everything I need or even want before getting into installing this lift.

In regards to the lift, anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for additional items to add while I'm installing the lift? Things such as Evo front shock relocation, Rear Protek Shock skids and King bumpstops front and rear have crossed my mind and wanted to get some opinions on how necessary some of these or even other options may be. I'd like to address as much upgrades or improves that are highly recommended now while i'm doing the lift work. I'm in the burbs of Chicago and a noob to the off road world but plan to change both of those in the near future.

I'm also needing some guidance on wheels. Evo says 4.5" backspace is recommended but every wheel selection I've liked are only available in 4.75". I'm planning on going 20x12 with 37s. What issues would there be with going with 4.75 and would I be required to use spacers with them? I've got spacers on the jeep now just to give the stock setup a wider stance but ideally I'd like to not need them with new wheels. I admit this is currently more of a mall crawler for now but I do get in some offroading on military bases and soon on a couple localish trails i've discovered.

I'll stop there and would like to thank you guys in advance for any input provided!
Personally I would go with a smaller wheel set up. 17 or 18 inch around 9 inch wide. Will give you better protection of your wheels, and tires will be less expensive. With the smaller wheels for ride will still look great and it will be easier to find the back spacing you need. While that really wide stance looks great, you want to better careful with widening it to much, due to the stress out on the axles, and for off road that taller sidewall is a great thing to have.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug

Keep the Recon wheels. Couple guys on here have and they look sharp with bigger meats on them.

rand11b

@Draconianwinter - I completely agree from what I've learned thus far that 17 or 18's would be much better solution for offroad. I originally was going to go with 18s but saw some jeeps with 20s and really liked the look and stance. Being that I won't be able to do much offroading around my area I figured I would utilize the jeep as more of a show/mall crawler till I escape Illinois. I've put aside a good amount of money for the jeep and upgrades from previous military deployments so money in that regard isn't a current issue (of course i'm sure it won't take long to burn through it all). But your feedback is another reason I posted here. The voice of the experienced is like the voice or reason for me right now haha. The stress on the axles you mentioned doesn't sound very appealing either.

@TOPLESS - I agree with the recon wheels looking sharp. I was under the impression the stock wheels wouldn't accommodate a wider tire. Where I really like the OEM Recon wheels, the tires that came with them are too narrow for my liking. How wide would you say you could go with the stock wheels and 37 inch tires? Trying to find a good compromise with giving up the 20s but staying with a wider tire.

I appreciate both your feedback!

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Ok guys just installed my 3 inch EVO lift and let me tell you the 3 inch Mopar / aka treaflex was at most 2 inch maybe 2 1/2
Fucking junk!!! Good ridden. Aftermath

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app oh yea just in case after math IMG_1690.jpg

Last edited:

gpmech7

EVO 4" Enforcer Stage 3 Starting Lengths

I am about to pull the trigger on a set up front upper arms and rear lowers to finish off the lift. For you guys that have done all 8 arms what is a good starting point in length for all the arms? Evo only gives you a starting length for the front lowers.

I just bought this same kit with the drag link flip kit....

Links to install info were'nt working.

Called EVO and was told the following:

Front Upper: 18 3/4
Front Lower: 22 7/8
Rear Upper: 17 1/2
Rear Lower: 19 3/4

Hope this helps

gpmech7

Stock length question

Does anyone happen to know the eye to eye measurements for the stock:

Front track bar

Rear track bar

Rear Sway Bar Links

???

Im crossing over from a fully adjustable RK 3.5 X Factor kit and Im wondering if the parts I currently have can be reduced to stock lengths.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I just bought this same kit with the drag link flip kit....

Links to install info were'nt working.

Called EVO and was told the following:

Front Upper: 18 3/4
Front Lower: 22 7/8
Rear Upper: 17 1/2
Rear Lower: 19 3/4

Hope this helps

What size of lift is that 3 or 4 inch. I was told with the 3 inch lift with only the lower control arm to have it at 24 1/8.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
We finished installing an Enforcer 3" Stage 2 lift on a friends Jeep today. Now he is stuck until he gets spacers or aftermarket wheels. The rear tires are rubbing the upper control arms.

41330070_2079257832335867_1058423234728296448_o.jpg

Top Bottom