Dynatrac ProFloat XD60™ Axle

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I’ll also add that no matter what anyone’s opinion is on this, it all comes down to what someone wants and what they can afford. I wouldn’t push this axle on anyone, but If they walk through my door and have their mind made up on it, then that’s what they’ll get.

I get that. You are running a business and need to sell what people want to buy.

I’m the other side of the equation though. I want to buy what works for my needs...and I certainly don’t want to get caught by a marketing gimmick that isn’t really better or more economical in the long run (6pak shocks are a great example).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

dillard09

I have not seen the ProFloat axle in person or even seen or heard anyone running them yet so time will tell but if Dynatrac is willing to say that you can run 40s I would think they would believe that to be true. Or else they will be handing out alot of shafts for warranty. Or even possible lawsuits if one breaks like Ken's did.
Also Eddie didnt you break happen on a stock 44 axle with Chromoly shafts? Also with one of the heaviest wheel and tire combos you can have with 40x15.50x20 Toyo MT with 20" Spderlocks.
And didnt Ken have a leaky seal that lead to a seized bearing and melted the shaft? That's scary!!
If it was me and money was a pinch I would get a Prorock 60 FF rear axle with 5x5.5 and run adapter on the front to match width and bolt pattern like you did with Rubicat and I did with my jeep. Yes you would have to get new wheels too. And just beat the piss out of some 37s so you dont have to worry about the front to much. Then when you have the funds later upgrade the front to a ProRock 60 with 5x5.5 and get them 40s.
No way I would ever run an 8 lug rear and a 5 lug front. What spare do you carry? Or do you just carry a tire with no wheel and have to swap whichever one goes down on the trail? Or just not carry a spare at all?
Until the ProFloat proves that it can handle the 40s I would stick to a Full float rear axle. And if you cant afford to do what needs to be done the right way the first time then keep saving till you can.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have not seen the ProFloat axle in person or even seen or heard anyone running them yet so time will tell but if Dynatrac is willing to say that you can run 40s I would think they would believe that to be true.

Again, even if that's true, the same could NOT be said about a ProRock 44 front axle. Even if your axle shafts were made of kryponite, the right gear ratio you'd need to be running is 5.38 and I can assure you that they would fry and based on personal experience.

Or else they will be handing out alot of shafts for warranty. Or even possible lawsuits if one breaks like Ken's did.

LOL!! I didn't want to say it but EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE BREAKS I POSTED was on a Dynatrac ProRock 60 semi-float rear axle. I didn't even bother to post up others that I've seen or know about being that the photos in question weren't ones that I personally took. As far as warranties go, I'm gonna have to say that is something that I've been struggling with more recently than not especially being that Dynatrac has been hard pressed to honor them lately. I've personally had to intervene here on the forum to help them along and that has bothered me. Dynatrac got real lucky with Ken and in my opinion, it was only because he's a friend of mine and knew I was friends with Dynatrac.

Also Eddie didnt you break happen on a stock 44 axle with Chromoly shafts? Also with one of the heaviest wheel and tire combos you can have with 40x15.50x20 Toyo MT with 20" Spderlocks.

Jake, you're a nice guy and I really do like you but you really should try watching some of our videos before chiming in like you know what you're talking about. If you had, you would know that we documented both the break you're thinking of AND the one that caused the break on our ProRock 60 semi-float shaft. The break I had while running 40's on a Dana 44 rear axle was on the Dusy and it was at the RING AND PINION - NOT the axle shaft. The ProRock 60 semi-float shaft break happened on Double Whammy. Fortunately for me, Jim was still in town and was able to bring out a display shaft to get us off the trail.

And didnt Ken have a leaky seal that lead to a seized bearing and melted the shaft? That's scary!!

I'm pretty sure I told you that in confidence but hey, when you're trying to make a point, I guess it doesn't matter to a guy like you. What I told you was what my best guess was but really, it's kind of a moot point being that if he had a FULL FLOAT rear axle, he wouldn't have almost DIED. Yes, it was very scary - I was there when it happened and it was this incident more than any other that convinced me to NEVER recommend a semi-float rear axle.

WJCO

Meme King
......but really, it's kind of a moot point being that if he had a FULL FLOAT rear axle, he wouldn't have almost DIED. Yes, it was very scary - I was there when it happened and it was this incident more than any other that convinced me to NEVER recommend a semi-float rear axle.

^ This is the real thesis here. A full float axle would have kept the tire on the Jeep.

dillard09

Again, even if that's true, the same could NOT be said about a ProRock 44 front axle. Even if your axle shafts were made of kryponite, the right gear ratio you'd need to be running is 5.38 and I can assure you that they would fry and based on personal experience.

LOL!! I didn't want to say it but EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE BREAKS I POSTED was on a Dynatrac ProRock 60 semi-float rear axle. I didn't even bother to post up others that I've seen or know about being that the photos in question weren't ones that I personally took. As far as warranties go, I'm gonna have to say that is something that I've been struggling with more recently than not especially being that Dynatrac has been hard pressed to honor them lately. I've personally had to intervene here on the forum to help them along and that has bothered me. Dynatrac got real lucky with Ken and in my opinion, it was only because he's a friend of mine and knew I was friends with Dynatrac.

Jake, you're a nice guy and I really do like you but you really should try watching some of our videos before chiming in like you know what you're talking about. If you had, you would know that we documented both the break you're thinking of AND the one that caused the break on our ProRock 60 semi-float shaft. The break I had while running 40's on a Dana 44 rear axle was on the Dusy and it was at the RING AND PINION - NOT the axle shaft. The ProRock 60 semi-float shaft break happened on Double Whammy. Fortunately for me, Jim was still in town and was able to bring out a display shaft to get us off the trail.

I'm pretty sure I told you that in confidence but hey, when you're trying to make a point, I guess it doesn't matter to a guy like you. What I told you was what my best guess was but really, it's kind of a moot point being that if he had a FULL FLOAT rear axle, he wouldn't have almost DIED. Yes, it was very scary - I was there when it happened and it was this incident more than any other that convinced me to NEVER recommend a semi-float rear axle.

Your right and I stand corrected about your break. Sorry. I did not look and verify myself but was asking a question not making a statement.

What I said about Ken's failure I got from the Emigrant trail part 4 thread and would NOT have said anything if you would have told me in confidence. And yes a FF would have prevented that. And I am glad that he is ok.

I do agree that 40s belong on a FF rear axle not a semi float.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your right and I stand corrected about your break. Sorry. I did not look and verify myself but was asking a question not making a statement.

LOL!! Oh please, you are so full of shit. You were not asking a question but rather, were trying to be clever and you got busted. If you're gonna stand corrected, just say you're "sorry" and leave it at that.

What I said about Ken's failure I got from the Emigrant trail part 4 thread and would NOT have said anything if you would have told me in confidence. And yes a FF would have prevented that. And I am glad that he is ok.

Fair enough, I did mention it in that thread. This time, allow me to stand corrected. Sorry.

I do agree that 40s belong on a FF rear axle not a semi float.

As a reminder, Ken was running a 38 and with a 3.8L when this happened.

ken-03.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The reason I value Wayoflife’s opinions, is that he gives the good, and the bad. That is whether a product is produced by a forum supporting manufacturer, or personal friend.

I never saw that on other forums. Pretty much, on other forums, if they are a supporter they can do no wrong. Funny, because that is what Eddie Oh is always accused of, and it is not true.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
The reason I value Wayoflife’s opinions, is that he gives the good, and the bad. That is whether a product is produced by a forum supporting manufacturer, or personal friend.

I never saw that on other forums. Pretty much, on other forums, if they are a supporter they can do no wrong. Funny, because that is what Eddie Oh is always accused of, and it is not true.

The one time I wish there was a “like button” here! It takes another level of integrity to share your honest opinion even when it could put relationships (business or personal, or both) at risk. That is one major aspect that outsiders miss about this forum and honestly, it’s a breath of fresh air to have that quality that’s lacking more and more.

jorgelrod

Hooked

I've learned more from Eddie and this forum than a ton of tards I've come across in my time wheeling just spewing garbage some shops tell them to sell parts

Braxtonsag

I can’t help but be curious where this is going to land on pricing vs the sf60. Have still yet to hear anything on pricing other than the actual announcement of the axle.

Top Bottom