what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

Abntroop

Well, Having received the new trailer cover, I finally had time to cut it to wrap around the rack posts, restitch everything and add more eyelets. Happy with the result. Also received my wheels, however on dry fit the center holes are not large enough to accommodate the bore of the idler hubs. Don’t know why I didn’t think to check. After googling it, seems a lot of folks attempting to use Jeep wheels run into this issue. Got a set of wheel spacers on order and a new set of hole saws as a backup plan. Wheel spacers are plan A, but will have to see how everything fits in conjunction with the fenders. If that’s a no-go, then taking a hole saw to the wheels to get the hole up to 2.5” looks like it should be ok. Plan C if all goes to shit is to start saving and buy 7 new wheels. That one’s gonna be a bit. View attachment 323110 View attachment 323111

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Abntroop

Thanks. We did the roof top tent before our kiddo and dogs. Nice to have all the comforts of home with a small footprint

View attachment 323861 View attachment 323862

That’s slick and looks comfy!! If I didn’t hate most people so much and insist on difficult to reach camp spots where I won’t have to see the hoards of Birkenstock clad Subaru driving outdoor enthusiasts I’d totally swap to a pop top like that.

KevinG

Caught the Bug
Looks like you have the shower option? (Looks like the curtain hoop on ceiling) How well does that work?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes it has a shower/toilet. End up using it as storage mostly since we have never used it for "1s or 2s or a shower. The curtain is still wrapped up. Most of the time we use the facilities at a state park. The couple of times "off grid" we have a tent that goes outside opposite the door. It has two "rooms" that are just big enough for a bathroom. There's an outdoor shower faucet behind one of the storage doors so we put the tent right there. Hot water heater works really well. It's way more deluxe than what we had planned on, but no regrets. Quite a bit bigger than what we were looking at, but the jeep pulls it fine and it's nice to be able to have a big awning and lots of space inside for some liquid sunshine we get around here. I see your location, I am sure that you're familiar.

That’s slick and looks comfy!! If I didn’t hate most people so much and insist on difficult to reach camp spots where I won’t have to see the hoards of Birkenstock clad Subaru driving outdoor enthusiasts I’d totally swap to a pop top like that.

Yeah, as I mentioned it's definitely not capable of pulling it on too many trails. It's really similar to the Jayco Baja's, with a lift and bigger tires, so forestry roads and stuff with a few washouts. For scale, the jeep has 37's on it so the trailer's not too low.
Funny you said that about the Subaru driver's. Ironically, they are the ones paying for it. I'm a sleezy car sales guy at a Subie dealer!!!:shock::cheesy::cheesy::thankyou:

Honestly though, I love that trailer you have. Totally applaud the workmanship. Really turned out sharp with the Rubi wheels and all. Congrats!

Last edited:

Abntroop

Yes it has a shower/toilet. End up using it as storage mostly since we have never used it for "1s or 2s or a shower. The curtain is still wrapped up. Most of the time we use the facilities at a state park. The couple of times "off grid" we have a tent that goes outside opposite the door. It has two "rooms" that are just big enough for a bathroom. There's an outdoor shower faucet behind one of the storage doors so we put the tent right there. Hot water heater works really well. It's way more deluxe than what we had planned on, but no regrets. Quite a bit bigger than what we were looking at, but the jeep pulls it fine and it's nice to be able to have a big awning and lots of space inside for some liquid sunshine we get around here. I see your location, I am sure that you're familiar.

Yeah, as I mentioned it's definitely not capable of pulling it on too many trails. It's really similar to the Jayco Baja's, with a lift and bigger tires, so forestry roads and stuff with a few washouts. For scale, the jeep has 37's on it so the trailer's not too low.
Funny you said that about the Subaru driver's. Ironically, they are the ones paying for it. I'm a sleezy car sales guy at a Subie dealer!!!:shock::cheesy::cheesy::thankyou:

Honestly though, I love that trailer you have. Totally applaud the workmanship. Really turned out sharp with the Rubi wheels and all. Congrats!

Right on, that sounds like a slick setup. I’d be willing to bet most folks use the exterior shower hookups more. The inside setup has always seemed a bit jenky. I picture myself Chris Farleying the shit out of it. [emoji23]
Gotta admit, shower situation is an ongoing issue. I work on this trailer a bit the tail end of every winter when cabin fever is getting to me. Maintenance first followed by whatever re-engineering I’ve thought of to dial it in a bit further and make it easier and more pleasant to use. We have had this road shower for 4-5 years now. I feel like it is one of those “solid in theory” products. It works well enough, but the reality is that you rarely get anything other than a cold shower. I’ve lost count of how many different setups I’ve looked at and scrapped for one reason or another.
The whole reason we bought that fox wing awning and had it shipped over from Aus was due to liquid sunshine. [emoji23] when that gets cranked up this setup is pretty well dialed in to remain dry and comfy.
That sounds like good clearance, thank god for the thousands of miles of forest service and logging roads up here. A lot of great nooks and crannies to explore.
Man that’s gotta be tough aiding and abetting [emoji23] I feel ya there as well. My work has me in a similar situation of what I think vs what I build because voters up here insist that elementary school students need to have the same level of performing arts equipment as you’d see on broadway...[emoji849]
Thank you! I can’t claim all the credit. Have been lucky enough to have friends and coworkers willing to lend a hand and teach along the way.

Abntroop

how do pop ups hold up in the cold and wind?

My only other concern over the years up here in the PNW with all the rain was I had heard the tent sides mildewed pretty quick if it got stowed wet and you didn’t have a garage or shop big enough to open it up and let it dry out once you got home.

Top Bottom