Starting over from scratch with a JKUR, the rise of Tonto

Kyle7R

Another summer weekend here in Colorado, another weekend spent on the trails. Thanks to the CO guys for always being willing to bring us along (and wait for us at the meetup, because we probably got lost) :blush:

20170715_120909[1].jpg
20170715_121125[1].jpg
20170715_120819[1].jpg
20170715_122504[1].jpg

Kyle7R

Great pics. Sure was beautiful up there.

Can't wait to get out again this weekend!

Awesome pics! :thumb:

Thanks! We really are enjoying being out here, we've put more trail miles on this JKU in a few months than we did on our JK in 2+ years down in Texas.

In other news, my new skids are sitting in my dining room waiting on me to install them!

matt08jk

Awesome photos! Makes me want to drive across the country right now just to get out there. Rig is looking good!

bones37

Awesome pics and nice Jeep! I recalled you asking me about the Or-Fab carrier last year on my build. Did you end up removing it from your 2 door, or just let it go?

Kyle7R

Awesome pics and nice Jeep! I recalled you asking me about the Or-Fab carrier last year on my build. Did you end up removing it from your 2 door, or just let it go?
I ended up letting it go, we really want something that is single action to get into the gate. Like the new EVO or CC body mounted carriers.
Awesome pics! I'll be up there in about a week, I can't wait!
What days are y'all gonna be around?

bones37

I ended up letting it go, we really want something that is single action to get into the gate. Like the new EVO or CC body mounted carriers.

Got it. I can't find them ANYWHERE now. I know they closed their doors last year with the hopes to re-open, but I've been thinking about putting the spare back on my Jeep and it would be nice to get another Or-Fab since all of the hard work (drilling) has been done. I have also been eyeing the CC carrier. I'm really high on their stuff (have the front and rear bumpers).

Kyle7R

Got the EVO oil pan skid installed today, and went ahead with an oil change today. 48174 miles on this puppy, first time changing the oil on this one since we've had it

I'll get the transmission skid done tomorrow, hopefully.

Picked up a bikini top, just need to figure out hardtop storage or hoist.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Got the EVO oil pan skid installed today, and went ahead with an oil change today. 48174 miles on this puppy, first time changing the oil on this one since we've had it

I'll get the transmission skid done tomorrow, hopefully.

Picked up a bikini top, just need to figure out hardtop storage or hoist.

You should change the tcase and tranny fluid before putting that skid on, if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

You should change the tcase and tranny fluid before putting that skid on, if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm thinking about it, but haven't committed to it yet. The fluids were all just changed when we bought it, right under 4k miles ago. I might do it anyway, just to start the clock on it myself, need to do the same thing for the differentials.

On the plus side, I successfully unpacked and installed an EVO packaged product without letting a single packing peanut out into the wild :rock:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'm thinking about it, but haven't committed to it yet. The fluids were all just changed when we bought it, right under 4k miles ago. I might do it anyway, just to start the clock on it myself, need to do the same thing for the differentials.

On the plus side, I successfully unpacked and installed an EVO packaged product without letting a single packing peanut out into the wild :rock:

Haha, love packing peanuts, always use them to replenish my dogs poof! If the fluids were changed 4K miles ago I wouldn't worry about it. The manual says every 30k I believe.

Kyle7R

and for my next trick...finding the best way to get this expensive ass, color matched hardtop on and off easily and safely without destroying it. Especially on days when I don't have the extra hands available to remove it. :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Is considerng building myself a rack about the same height as the jeep so i can just kinda walk it back onto it .. since hoist is out ... but if ya got a tree handy and a sturdy enough limb wouldnt be hard to put something together to use as a hoist

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom