What's in your Jeep tool kit?

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks I’ll study what you’ve got. This last summer I had to turn around 4 times for 18-24” trees down. Small ones I’ve been able to winch out of the way, or just go over if their on the ground. My regular Stihl is just too big for a camping/Jeeping trip.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It's a Craftsman 46cc 18" . I only have one old picture of it in my Jeep but I still carry it in about the same way. By putting the case with saw blade toward the rear, a lot of stuff can still be stacked around it.

DSC02478.jpg

aTX427

Sorry if this has been talked about, but I think I want to start carrying a chainsaw with me, but they take up so much room. Anyone else carry one? Have you found one that’s easy to stow away?

I have a battery powered one from when I used to overland. Went on a trip that called for one, purchased it when I came home and haven't needed it since. Still new / unused if you are interested.

JKbrick

It's a Craftsman 46cc 18" . I only have one old picture of it in my Jeep but I still carry it in about the same way. By putting the case with saw blade toward the rear, a lot of stuff can still be stacked around it.

View attachment 293254

Probably wouldn’t be as good as a chainsaw but you could get a Milwaukee sawzall tool only to match your other tool there and get some long wood blades. It would work for smaller trees too

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
That electric Stihl is interesting. It could help clear a decent sized tree of a trail with out keeping a gas smelling chainsaw inside the jeep with you. It wouldn’t help you clear the Mackenzie, but for and occasional tree, it might be a nice piece of kit to carry.

WJCO

Meme King
Probably wouldn’t be as good as a chainsaw but you could get a Milwaukee sawzall tool only to match your other tool there and get some long wood blades. It would work for smaller trees too

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I actually have that setup already too, lol. Turns out this corded Milwaukee tool was just in there for a few days while I was helping a buddy. This thing just crapped out on me after about 10 years of hard use. I used it for cutting a ton of steel over the years. I'll definitely be getting another one. It's a great tool.

Maybe the Perfect tool bag for my Jeep

Howdy, I just bought myself a birthday present, the Yorktown tool roll bag from Atlas 46, a company based in Missouri. It looks great from the videos. I love the idea of small pouches to hold the different types of tools and the incorporated wrench roll bag.

Website is www.Atlas46.com the bag I like is here https://www.atlas46.com/products.html#!/Yorktown-Tool-Roll/p/88260008/category=14466133

Its not cheap but I thought some of you guys would appreciate the design and its "made in the greatest country in the world". Their words but I would agree. I have no affiliation with them but wanted to share. I have no experience with the company so I'll wait till it shows up to confirm. They could use a little of Eddies help with the editing and this bag is backordered but they are making a new batch.

Cheers.

Jackal01

Howdy, I just bought myself a birthday present, the Yorktown tool roll bag from Atlas 46, a company based in Missouri. It looks great from the videos. I love the idea of small pouches to hold the different types of tools and the incorporated wrench roll bag.

Website is www.Atlas46.com the bag I like is here https://www.atlas46.com/products.html#!/Yorktown-Tool-Roll/p/88260008/category=14466133
Exodus Jeeps has these for sale for those that want to support a forum vendor.

Exodus 4x4

Its not cheap but I thought some of you guys would appreciate the design and its "made in the greatest country in the world". Their words but I would agree. I have no affiliation with them but wanted to share. I have no experience with the company so I'll wait till it shows up to confirm. They could use a little of Eddies help with the editing and this bag is backordered but they are making a new batch.

Cheers.

Yep. We have 4 of them in stock if anyone’s interested. Yes they are pricy but extremely well made.

I-Eat-Mud

I think all of this has probably been covered... And some of this stuff won't be relevant to most people. There's also a couple items i only grab for going to certain locations. But here's my list.

General stuff

Fire Extinguisher
Tool bag
Compressor
spares kit
First Aid Kit
fluids kit
Water
food
jacket
Recovery bag
snatch strap
sunscreen
bug spray
Tarp
Bivy
Bottle Jack
tire patch kit
Shovel
Flashlight
CB
Jumper Cables
Paracord

Tools

Lug Key
hatchet/axe
gloves
multiple ratchet straps
bottle jack
4x4 block
BFH
pry bar
lug wrench
2 Cresent Wrench
2 Vice grips
Small flathead
Large flathead
Small philips
Large philips
Channel locks
needle nose
long needle nose
standard pliers
files
Bailing wire
Duct tape
electrical tape
Zip ties
breaker bars
Socket adapters (1/2 to whatever)
torx set
allen set
wrench set
socket set
1 5/16th socket
35mm socket
1/18th socket
volt meter
2 tire spoons
JB weld
small tape measure
Wire Crimper
razor
Center Punch
2 C Clamps
Pickle Fork
Crimp Ring Pliers
Magnet
Impact
Sawzall

Recovery gear

Snatch block
Snatch strap
winch remote
D rings
high-lift
Tree Saver
Large ratchet straps
small ratchet straps

Spares

Spark Plugs
2 1350 U joints (drive shafts)
1 1550 U joint (axle shafts)
hose clamps
fuses
Break Line
Serpentine belt
Gasket maker tube
Ball joints ?? (I have this marked because I want to get a spare pair to live in my spares kit)
Nuts and bolts ?? (I want to expand this out and inventory what I have, its just a bag of bolts and stuff)
Caps for hydro steer
spare wire
wire connectors

Fluids

Power steering
break dot3
Coolant
Diff fluid
Ether
Wd40
Grease

I'd really like to add a trail welding kit, and I wish I had room for some more spares.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
With all the talk of torque wrenches the last few days and me having to buy some new stuff from theft I figured I would bump this.

This is minus sockets, spare parts and some other stuff that were stolen or not here for the pictures.

All laid out

IMG_6299.jpg

Electrical and u-joints

IMG_6300.jpg

Traps, zip ties and pump

IMG_6301.jpg

Recovery gear minus winch control with is on the cage

IMG_6302.jpg

Bottle jack, c-clamp and sledge

IMG_6303.jpg

Torque wrench, screwdrivers, gloves and breaker bar

IMG_6304.jpg

Tool rolls

IMG_6305.jpg

Nuts/bolts, tire patch kit

IMG_6306.JPG

And all under the deck packed up

IMG_6308.jpg

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
With all the talk of torque wrenches the last few days and me having to buy some new stuff from theft I figured I would bump this.

This is minus sockets, spare parts and some other stuff that were stolen or not here for the pictures.

All laid out

View attachment 308275

Electrical and u-joints

View attachment 308276

Traps, zip ties and pump

View attachment 308277

View attachment 308278

View attachment 308279

View attachment 308280

Tool rolls

View attachment 308281

View attachment 308282

View attachment 308283

Great idea for the nuts and bolts. You put the bottle jack in the tool bag? Nice idea as well.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

All laid out

Electrical and u-joints

Traps, zip ties and pump

Tool rolls

I need to off road with you, then I won’t have to carry anything.

Brute

Hooked
Nice tire patch kit.

It would be a shame if someone used it to cut into your soft top and steal stuff.

Actually some idiot did cut into his soft top last January during the Lucerne Valley run...I think someone was trying to relieve him of his fridge...

Top Bottom