WAYALIFE on the GO : Miscellaneous Photos from Cindy & Eddie!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Originally, Cindy and I had planned to drive all the way home last night but it literally took us almost 4 hours just to get to the top of the Cajon Pass and by then, it was almost 8pm. Not too big of a deal driving all night long is something we do often but last night, there was a hell of a snow storm and so we decided to stay the night in Lone Pine. Today, we could see the snow level had dropped almost to the valley floor and we bound to see more of it. Here's a shot as we made our way up Sherwin Summit.
IMG_8048.jpg

By the time we got up to Crowley Lake, everything was covered in white and I mean, completely covered!
IMG_8052.jpg

IMG_8057.jpg

As we approached Mammoth Lakes, temps were down in the 20's and the wind was howling with visibility near zero. No big deal except for the fact that the highway was icy and there shit tons of cars everywhere - presumably, all heading up to the slopes.
IMG_8064.jpg

Once we got into the trees, the wind calmed down a bit but the highway was super slick. Thank goodness we were in a Jeep and didn't have to run chains like everyone else.
IMG_8068.jpg

Started snowing up in the pass and continued all the way to Walker. Here's a shot of us working our way past Mono lake.
IMG_8070.jpg

By the time we got home, our JL had some new icy growths all over it.
IMG_8088.jpg

IMG_8091.jpg

But, we got home safely so all was good. :cool:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Originally, Cindy and I had planned to drive all the way home last night but it literally took us almost 4 hours just to get to the top of the Cajon Pass and by then, it was almost 8pm. Not too big of a deal driving all night long is something we do often but last night, there was a hell of a snow storm and so we decided to stay the night in Lone Pine. Today, we could see the snow level had dropped almost to the valley floor and we bound to see more of it. Here's a shot as we made our way up Sherwin Summit.
View attachment 321120

By the time we got up to Crowley Lake, everything was covered in white and I mean, completely covered!
View attachment 321121

View attachment 321122

As we approached Mammoth Lakes, temps were down in the 20's and the wind was howling with visibility near zero. No big deal except for the fact that the highway was icy and there shit tons of cars everywhere - presumably, all heading up to the slopes.
View attachment 321123

Once we got into the trees, the wind calmed down a bit but the highway was super slick. Thank goodness we were in a Jeep and didn't have to run chains like everyone else.
View attachment 321125

Started snowing up in the pass and continued all the way to Walker. Here's a shot of us working our way past Mono lake.
View attachment 321124

View attachment 321126

View attachment 321127

Damn that looks awesome! It was way easier to get there when we lived in SoCal. I need to make a trip over that way in a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 321120

View attachment 321121

View attachment 321122

View attachment 321123

View attachment 321125

View attachment 321124

View attachment 321126

View attachment 321127

That's awesome i love that area their are some cool places to explore up there, but too bad the weather was harsh. The pic of the snow is bad ass too

Lightguy

View attachment 321120

View attachment 321121

View attachment 321122

View attachment 321123

View attachment 321125

View attachment 321124

View attachment 321126

View attachment 321127

How did the tires do on the icy/windy highway?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn that looks awesome! It was way easier to get there when we lived in SoCal. I need to make a trip over that way in a couple weeks.

LOL! Well, being that they flat out close the highways to get there from from your place now, yeah, it was definitely a lot easier. Granted, they do close 395 from time to time too. :crazyeyes:

How did the tires do on the icy/windy highway?

For a mud terrain, they perform awesome! In fact, I was probably driving faster than I should have been especially being that I was literally passing everyone.

Beautiful photos, but sucks when you can't see like that. Glad you made it back safely.

Thanks! I think we were glad that we waited till morning to make the drive. The night before, we could see a solid line of red going through the area on Google maps. Would have sucked to have been stuck in a whiteout again at 2am and with a traffic jam. :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOL! Well, being that they flat out close the highways to get there from from your place now, yeah, it was definitely a lot easier. Granted, they do close 395 from time to time too. :crazyeyes:

For a mud terrain, they perform awesome! In fact, I was probably driving faster than I should have been especially being that I was literally passing everyone.

Thanks! I think we were glad that we waited till morning to make the drive. The night before, we could see a solid line of red going through the area on Google maps. Would have sucked to have been stuck in a whiteout again at 2am and with a traffic jam. :crazyeyes:

Not to mention it’s a lot more pretty to drive in during the day.

And yeah, it’s not so much getting there, it’s being stuck there and not being able to get back for that whole work thing. Lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to mention it’s a lot more pretty to drive in during the day.

That too! We've had to do this drive a few times now recently and completely missed how pretty it is being that we had driven through at night. It was nice to see things for a change for sure.

And yeah, it’s not so much getting there, it’s being stuck there and not being able to get back for that whole work thing. Lol

Oh yeah, that would suck. That kinda happened to Alex, Ben's wife only, she went to your side of the mountain for work and couldn't get back home. :icon_crazy:

jesse3638

Hooked
That drive looks awesome. It's nice seeing snow all through that area. Before last year it had been several years since the Owens valley had had thatuch snow. As Adam said its such a pretty drive.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just when I thought it was all over, here we are again with the white stuff. Last week, things finally warmed up a bit and the snow we were getting changed to rain and we ended up getting 2" of it. Needless to say, all the snow we had melted away and I was sure spring was on its way. Well, here it is again and the Lake Effect hasn't been helping anything. Oh, and yes, I did just shovel our back walkway this morning. :rolleyes2:

final.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
One other thing, I just read that Sierra at Tahoe Ski Resort just posted up that this is officially, the most snow they've ever gotten in the month of February or at least, in recorded history. Damn global warming! :doh:

Just when I thought it was all over, here we are again with the white stuff. Last week, things finally warmed up a bit and the snow we were getting changed to rain and we ended up getting 2" of it. Needless to say, all the snow we had melted away and I was sure spring was on its way. Well, here it is again and the Lake Effect hasn't been helping anything. Oh, and yes, I did just shovel our back walkway this morning. :rolleyes2:

View attachment 321259

52487896_10205060274823663_3899053929299705856_o.jpg

We got a good 3-4" overnight as-well.

WJCO

Meme King
One other thing, I just read that Sierra at Tahoe Ski Resort just posted up that this is officially, the most snow they've ever gotten in the month of February or at least, in recorded history. Damn global warming! :doh:

Quick! Everybody send Al Gore a check and we can make the snow go away.

jesse3638

Hooked
That's crazy. Forecast here is more potential snow for us later this week. Lisa's grandparents left Truckee earlier than they planned about a month ago, before the predicted 10'of snow. They have a place in Thousand oaks they usually spend most of the winter at. They got out just in time..haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wibornz

We got snow last night. about an inch or so. I just got back from Las Vegas. I drove from Vegas back to Michigan with a friend. I was amazed to see snow in just about every southern state that I passed through.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Quick! Everybody send Al Gore a check and we can make the snow go away.

Really? I figured the world was coming to an end in 12 years so what difference would it make. :idontknow: :crazyeyes:

And we are only halfway through. Another storm is on the way end of next week.

I saw that. I've been holding off on installing a few things I have in the cue but may have to just suit up and fire up the heater to get them done. :rolleyes2:

Top Bottom