A Bit of UNDER ARMOR for JET : EVO MFG JL Wrangler ProTek Skid Plates

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The skid plate looks awesome! Glad to see they left plenty of room for the drive shaft at full droop. Unfortunately it looks like it might be a rock catcher

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The skid plate looks awesome! Glad to see they left plenty of room for the drive shaft at full droop. Unfortunately it looks like it might be a rock catcher

I'll have to measure to get exact numbers but in places, you lose a couple of inches of ground clearance or more. Granted, this isn't unique to the EVO skids - ALL skids made like this rob you of ground clearance.

JBF

It's pretty cool to see the evolution (no pun) of design and aesthetics of the aftermarket. Particularly with the JL. Less sharp bends and more smooth looking products. Not just with evo, but many other manufacturers as well.

jeeeep

Hooked
is it the exhaust that makes forces the design to be that low?

curious to see hear/see how many hits it takes because it sits that low

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
is it the exhaust that makes forces the design to be that low?

curious to see hear/see how many hits it takes because it sits that low

I'm sure that's part of the reason. I'm sure it'll do a good job of taking hits and it'll definitely be taking hits this low. Of course, pretty much all the skids out there are like this now. Too bad.

JL_John

I've been running this skid for a few months now and it definitely holds up to the abuse. Only issue I have is how close it runs to the exhaust on my JL. Started making contact a while ago and you could feel the resonance in the floorboard until I made some adjustments.

Attachments

• IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 132

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've been running this skid for a few months now and it definitely holds up to the abuse. Only issue I have is how close it runs to the exhaust on my JL. Started making contact a while ago and you could feel the resonance in the floorboard until I made some adjustments.

Well that's a bummer. Safe to say that you're not running the exhaust loop skid? I wonder if having it would have offered more structure and prevent that from happening.

JL_John

Well that's a bummer. Safe to say that you're not running the exhaust loop skid? I wonder if having it would have offered more structure and prevent that from happening.

No, I don't run the exhaust loop. Might have helped but just something else to take off when I need to work on the jeep. A little beveling with the grinder solved the problem.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No, I don't run the exhaust loop. Might have helped but just something else to take off when I need to work on the jeep. A little beveling with the grinder solved the problem.

Okay, good to know. I was thinking about removing my exhaust loop skid for the reason you stated but was having second thoughts thinking it might help.

Petey003

Hey! Question for you!

Love your channel! Watching for years!

I purchased the Engine/Oil/Trans Skid. Do you happen to know the weight of it?

rmccown

Just ordered these. Couple weekends ago a friend with a 19 Rubicon mashed his exhaust loop, so I definitely ordered one for me. Next weekend will be a fun install weekend.

Top Bottom