Gladiator Tow Thread

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I was just on the gold coast. I only seen one f250. I was really amazed at what I seen towing trailers. What’s with those ugly el comino cars? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yep. There’s a company near me that does conversions so I’m starting to see a lot more rams, Silverados, tundras and raptors.

I assume you’re talking about the Aussie Ute. An absolute Classic but nobody makes them anymore

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

I’m starting to warm up to the possibility of a RAM 1500 Rebel:

Wont this mens you cant take off the top and doors for the offeoading experience you were originally after? Seems to me like the best option is to get an rv and tow your jeep behind.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Wont this mens you cant take off the top and doors for the offeoading experience you were originally after? Seems to me like the best option is to get an rv and tow your jeep behind.

That is exactly what that means! A class “A” coach would be too big for National Park camping “in the park”. Class “C” might be an option with a tow behind, but quite honestly we are still leaning towards the travel trailer. I’m a long way from making the commitment. I’ve also been researching “Boondocking” and learning that there are a lot of places to camp right outside the Parks. I have to admit that the whole living out of a trailer thing is all about shit management, laundry and planning out where you’re going to camp in 6 months. It’s not all cocktails by the campfire.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I’d go the RV, trailering a Jeep mode, but if you like travel trailers, consider other brands that are lighter and have slide outs. Coachmen Apex are nice, as are some of the Coleman trailers. Airstreams are cool, but there are more comfortable, livable trailers on the market.

Attachments

• E73CE019-500D-43B7-920D-B1CDF64C863B.jpeg
    E73CE019-500D-43B7-920D-B1CDF64C863B.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 76
  • CFDFB38A-6FBE-4119-98E2-98261B6EB0F6.jpeg
    CFDFB38A-6FBE-4119-98E2-98261B6EB0F6.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 587F1308-D0B3-4A1C-A6C7-5E553F3C4DD4.jpeg
    587F1308-D0B3-4A1C-A6C7-5E553F3C4DD4.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 76

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
Iv done it both ways. Pickup with a trailer and motorhome pulling my cj. I like the motorhome way better. Sucks having the pickup to have to go exploring in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

J Ro

I agree with jaybird. The rv is a good route to take. I have pulled a 26’ travel trailer gross weight of 7500 lbs with a 1/2 ton ram and although it pulled it well it was still a lot. We now have a class c that we can tow with. It has a max towing of 8000lbs and pulls pretty well. Haven’t towed the Jeep behind yet but have pulled 6000lb trailer with ease.

Dale72

Hooked
That is exactly what that means! A class “A” coach would be too big for National Park camping “in the park”. Class “C” might be an option with a tow behind, but quite honestly we are still leaning towards the travel trailer. I’m a long way from making the commitment. I’ve also been researching “Boondocking” and learning that there are a lot of places to camp right outside the Parks. I have to admit that the whole living out of a trailer thing is all about shit management, laundry and planning out where you’re going to camp in 6 months. It’s not all cocktails by the campfire.
You can get a Class A motorhome that you can get in the National Parks

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’d go the RV, trailering a Jeep mode, but if you like travel trailers, consider other brands that are lighter and have slide outs. Coachmen Apex are nice, as are some of the Coleman trailers. Airstreams are cool, but there are more comfortable, livable trailers on the market.

I’m not a fan of the slides. My brother has something similar, but smaller and has had issues. His words “I will never buy another trailer with slides“. We did look at a few since we have a Camping World in our town, but we’re not digging the “home” feel from these types of campers. It’s like they are styled to be just like home. When we looked at Airstreams we liked that they were styled like campers, if that makes sense?

Top Bottom