1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ordered the AX15 trans, cooling system and clutch assembly from Novak today. The Atlas is still more than a month out, but we’ll worth the wait. But the parts list is getting smaller, just need to get the rolling chassis assembled now and ready for the body when it gets wrapped up.

The last couple items are the brake lines and fuel lines from in line tube and the brake booster and then it’s down to putting together this giant puzzle.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

briand

Ordered the AX15 trans, cooling system and clutch assembly from Novak today. The Atlas is still more than a month out, but we’ll worth the wait. But the parts list is getting smaller, just need to get the rolling chassis assembled now and ready for the body when it gets wrapped up.

The last couple items are the brake lines and fuel lines from in line tube and the brake booster and then it’s down to putting together this giant puzzle.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Great setup, I put an AX15 in my CJ7. What a night and day difference from the original T5 that was in there.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Great setup, I put an AX15 in my CJ7. What a night and day difference from the original T5 that was in there.

That’s what everyone tells me. I haven’t driven one with one yet, but I’m looking for to it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

briand

I’ve had mine in the CJ about 2 years now and haven’t had any issues on the road or the trail. Couldn’t make those T5’s last a year just driving on the road. Now all I have to do is get the steering tightened up. So many other plans for it, those are for another time. Look forward to seeing yours finished.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve had mine in the CJ about 2 years now and haven’t had any issues on the road or the trail. Couldn’t make those T5’s last a year just driving on the road. Now all I have to do is get the steering tightened up. So many other plans for it, those are for another time. Look forward to seeing yours finished.

I was on my second T5 after I disintegrated one going down the highway. There were a couple other rebuilds in there over the two decades I’ve owned it too.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
The first one used in the TJ. I think 97-00
Edit: Ope this was supposed to be a reply to JKBrick. I haven't spent heavy time on the app in a while, just getting used to it again.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom