Random (non-Jeep) Shit You’re Working On....

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Tankless are the best. I will never own a house without one.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Based on the research I did today...it seems like tankless is better for some, but not all, applications. With a family of five people showering, doing dishes and doing laundry often at the same time, I don’t think a tankless system would have been for us.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Tankless are the best. I will never own a house without one.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I also second this. Our new house has one and I was skeptical at first from all the mixed reviews. Sounds like a lot of the neg feedback comes from the older models. We love ours. Accept when a tree frog crawled inside the blower motor and it about vibrated off the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Based on the research I did today...it seems like tankless is better for some, but not all, applications. With a family of five people showering, doing dishes and doing laundry often at the same time, I don’t think a tankless system would have been for us.

Yes the are sized by rate of rise and if you have to heat too much at once you won’t have any flow, or you can manifold 2 together but then you are spending $4 to $5k and using 400000 btu of gas when they are full on. With that said we love ours, but there are 3 of us in a little 2 bathroom house

jesse3638

Hooked
Mine is 26 years old and running good. [emoji1696]

Not anymore...haha.
Do the tankless last any longer? That’s hat you put in your house isn’t it?
At my old station they installed one in the new Helibase (2006). The thing was nothing but trouble. Everyone down there was always taking cold showers. Even had a plumbe come out and say it needed a dedicated gas line from the LP tank. Still didn't fix it and he walked away 3k richer.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

littlebeas

Ha! No worries. I’m just not very good at paying other people to do work I think I can do. Earlier in the week I took time off work to replace a garage door opener that crapped out. It would have cost me far less (in terms of my lost work hours versus labor for an install company) to pay someone else. I just couldn’t bring myself to pay the labor though.

They installed a 50 gallon Bradford White...pretty much looks the exact same as the 15 year old Bradford White they pulled out (except the gas regulator box looks fancier).

I’m the same way... and I replaced mine myself. The install was pretty easy but the other dumbass stuff got me. I have really hard water out where I live and even though I have a water softener the calcium build up was enough to block the drain spigot. Being the avid fan of the BFH that I am and not wanting to move a full water heater, I just knocked off the spigot. Turns out the calcium build up was enough to keep the water shut off valve open as well. This would have been enough to flood my garage/crawl space if I hadn’t been a dumbass earlier in my homeownership and knew exactly how and where to shut the water off to the house on the street. Learned a couple of useful things that day lol. On top of that, the new water heater was a “direct replacement” same make and size as the old one and some asshat designer decided to move the gas inlet down about an inch on it. Had to buy some flex line and loop it to keep from getting kinks.

G-mansjk

Finally got some time to get my first love back up and running! Needed new head gaskets and some TLC. What a freaking battle just finding parts on a 28 year old truck that many parts are discontinued on haha!
Not only is the old girl considered a classic now but she's a oddball hard to find combo with the 4.3l and 5 speed manual. Sure feels good to be able to wind through gears in her again. 20191223_102314.jpg 20191201_190006.jpg 20191211_104859.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom