EVO rear corner skins install

bkac

Caught the Bug
Small hint. You'll need to cut the pinch seem inside and fold it over. But make sure you align the bracket properly so you're not trying to fight the seem.

Yeah I knew that and that's why I haven't siliconed my corners! I cut the light holes out bigger to make it easier. I'm going to take a dremel and make two cuts through the pinch seam to fold them over easier! Thanks buddy for the heads up!

Last edited:
Yeah I knew that that's why I haven't siliconed my corners and I cut the light holds out bigger. I'm going to take a dremel and make two slices through the pinch seem to folded over! Thanks buddy for the heads up!

No problem. Don't want that purdy jeep to get messed up :bleh:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Do you have link for the lights that you used and a write up?

I used the evo lights (4.5" trucklites)
Is really easy, basically cut the pigtail off the factory lights and splice 3 wires.
White to black, red to white yellow, and black to white purple. Then I used 3w led eagle eye lights and went from black ground to the black wire and red positive to the white green wire for reverse lights! Easy as that!

chipper

Yeah I knew that that's why I haven't siliconed my corners and I cut the light holds out bigger. I'm going to take a dremel and make two slices through the pinch seem to folded over! Thanks buddy for the heads up!

Can you please take some pics of this also and post them up. I would like to get a better look at the pinch seam cutting and folding your talking about. Thanks

bkac

Caught the Bug
Can you please take some pics of this also and post them up. I would like to get a better look at the pinch seam cutting and folding your talking about. Thanks

Yes, when I do the carrier install I'll post it up. It's gonna be a few weeks before that gets done though.

bkac

Caught the Bug
For our fourth and final Project-JK Norcal 2008 summer run, we decided to head up to the Niagara Rim OHV trail which is located deep in the heart of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, east of Modesto and near to the Sonora Pass. Of the 10 Jeep JK Wrangler's we had in our group (three 2-door and seven 4-door), most were slightly to moderately built up and one was bone stock with street tires. Of the drivers we had, most had some wheeling experience but never on the kind of terrain they would be seeing and a couple were in fact total newbies. At just a little over 6 miles in length, Niagara Rim is a relatively short trail that normally would take about 3 hours to complete but soon after we started the trail, it became clear to us that we wouldnt be getting back to camp until the end of the day. Because Niagara Rim is a "difficult" rated trail, we did make it a requirement that everyone had to have front and rear tow hooks and as it would turn out, they were very much needed and more than once. Throughout the day, we made our way up, down and across obstacles such as "No Way Out", "Hard Break Hill", "Sidewall Suicide" and ended our day playing around at the "Lion's Butt" which is about the closest thing to Moab I have seen here in California. The next day, most of our group headed home leaving only 3 Jeeps including ours to run the "Rock Pile" . Essentially the Rock Pile is a huge granite play area with all kinds of crazy route that will test your Jeep and your nerves to the limit and we did just that and had a great time at it too.

Thanks Panda and thanks for the tips before hand!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Ok, there's definitely a bug in the app. I quoted Pandas comment and this showed up ^^^^
This has happened a few times in the past also.

Panda

Ok, there's definitely a bug in the app. I quoted Pandas comment and this showed up ^^^^
This has happened a few times in the past also.

This happened to Ricky once as well :idontknow: hopefully Brankz hasn't been texting you :cheesy:

upnover

If you're referring to the backup lights they are eagle eyes. You can get 10 of them for $10 on Amazon or eBay. They come in different colors too.

Thank you both. Yup that's what I was wondering. Did you drill the pinch seem to fit them in? I haven't looked at Amazon on those lights yet.

Top Bottom