The one where we build an Outlaw.

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Those wheels look familiar.... less scratches though:thinking:

Down to help with the install party whenever it comes around.

Ddays

Hooked
The Pro Grips would be a nice upgrade, no disputing that. But it isnt a matter of braking to slow down -- the gearing is just too high. Even idling in 1st gear (4Lo) has me moving too fast. My 4 Low isnt LOW enough.

Aha - I took it the other way. I'm with you on the Tcase. Working on a deal for one at the moment myself ;). Can't wait to try it out

WJCO

Meme King
The only things remaining on the To Do list now are drive shafts, some sort of steering upgrade and 37s. There will be more after that, but for now these are the "necessities."

Are you going to have to get the driveshafts before the axle install? Or is that a future thing? In other words, were the axles built to fit the driveshafts that you have now?

black pearl

Hooked
I had been toying with the idea of an Atlas with 5:1 low range. My main gripe with my current setup is the inability to Slow Down (35s, 3.73s, and 2.72:1 transfer case). It makes working the clutch in the rocks very difficult and results in a lot of stalls. I figure for half the price of an Atlas, 4:1 will do just fine. Side note, the seller upgraded to an Atlas with 10.3:1 :eek: Talk about crawling!

Someone in my area just put that 10:1 atlas in their jeep. I want to see what it can do!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Are you going to have to get the driveshafts before the axle install? Or is that a future thing? In other words, were the axles built to fit the driveshafts that you have now?

I need to install the axles, then order shafts to fit. Stockers wont do. So I'll be down for probably a week at best.

boardsurfer

Oh man, just got a call from Dynatrac. Axles are done and shipping today or tomorrow. :rock::rock:

That phone call just made my day. :yup:

GraniteCrystal

Nice! Glad you made a build thread. So pumped for you and the axles. I may be down to help as well so I can see how it goes. Hoping for some new axles in the next year or two and would like to do it myself.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thank you! Are you gonna come up for a trail ride this year?

I want to bad! Doug keeps calling me a pussy! We have a ton of shit on our plate at the moment. Looking for land and the wifey wants outta the rental quick.

I think if we dress up one of the moose as a sasquatch, we might be able to motivate him to get up here. We can talk later.

Hmmmm,:thinking:

Slimebones

Im not interested in dodging bullets. :cheesy:

Well deserved upgrades Jake. You pushed that D30 & no lockers setup past it's limits, (really impressive how you got thru Spring Creek, for example) so no doubt you are going to be stoked about this new deal.
way-to-go!!!

boardsurfer

Well deserved upgrades Jake. You pushed that D30 & no lockers setup past it's limits, (really impressive how you got thru Spring Creek, for example) so no doubt you are going to be stoked about this new deal.
way-to-go!!!

Thanks bud. They will be here Monday so the fun can begin next weekend at the latest. The chances of me waiting that long to tear things apart are pretty slim though. :D

boardsurfer

Capture.PNG

7drHiqr.gif

:wings:

boardsurfer

After obsessively watching my tracking page all day and counting the minutes until quitting time, I rushed home to hopefully be there when it arrived. I really wanted to watch it come off the truck. I was home all of 10 minutes when the truck pulled up.

It just barely fit!
IMG_20180205_163847.jpg

IMG_20180205_164319.jpg

IMG_20180205_164827.jpg

I can hardly believe it. They are beautiful. The PR60 is massive. Tear-down begins tomorrow if it's not freezing.

WJCO

Meme King
Congrats!! That's awesome. Suppose to be warm all week (other than tonight). And it looks like your FedEx guy wasn't a dick this time ;)

Top Bottom