SoCal Group

jjlong

Damn what’s story on photo with Jerry trying to keep the rig from flopping ? Looks awesome - wish had been able to join.

Working on chromoly axles and a regear next weekend . Slowly prepping for 37s :)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah, that photo was taken as it was pretty much back under control. That right rear was over 4' in the air before Jerry grabbed it. We chalked it up to not enough flex with the currie anti-rock...and a bad line.

jesse3638

Hooked
Also random question.. any good shops near LA that mount and balance beadlocks ? I think I heard ORE in Fullerton will do it .

Just mount them yourself and drive it to see if it needs a balance. My local America's Tire (AKA Discount Tire) wouldn't mount, but had no problem balancing them. There was a local shop in Hesperia that would have done it all for me but they wanted $50 a tire. No thanks.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Just mount them yourself and drive it to see if it needs a balance. My local America's Tire (AKA Discount Tire) wouldn't mount, but had no problem balancing them. There was a local shop in Hesperia that would have done it all for me but they wanted $50 a tire. No thanks.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Don’t have the space or the time to do the job . Already get shit for wrenching at the apartment haha . Would rather save weekend time for wheeling

$250 is money well spent IMO lol

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Becker tire in Anaheim mounted and balanced mine for $25 a wheel when I went to beadlocks. The $25 included pulling the tires off the old wheels.

Just called Johnny down at Becker . He said they changed their policy and it’s now 50 per wheel — which is reasonable .

ORE has the awesome buy 4 get 1 free deal going but their charge 125 per tire plus 30 to remove them from stock rims..

Looks like Becker is a good option since it’s right down the street from ORE

JL_John

Just called Johnny down at Becker . He said they changed their policy and it’s now 50 per wheel — which is reasonable .

ORE has the awesome buy 4 get 1 free deal going but their charge 125 per tire plus 30 to remove them from stock rims..

Looks like Becker is a good option since it’s right down the street from ORE

Not surprised they changed their price. Hard to keep the doors open on $125 in labor for 8 hours of work. Either way, $50 per wheel is still money well spent.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Are you going straight to 37s or putting your 35s on beadlocks?... I'm in the south bay a couple weeks per month and I've got a garage. I wouldn't mind giving you a hand.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dave, thanks for the generous offer of garage and time . This time I’m planning on removing my 35s which only have about 2500 miles and mounting them . Will shoot you a PM to discuss

Top Bottom