How many miles are you guys getting on a full tank of gas?

DMF

Reviving my old thread. I hate going g to the pump and it’s because I always hear bad things happening at the pump. I also hate it when random strangers come ask for gas money to get home and we live in a fairly nice area. With my JK I would only get a little over 200 miles. That means I was at the pump every week. My new JL, it hit over 350 before the light came on!

IMG_4296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Reviving my old thread. I hate going g to the pump and it’s because I always hear bad things happening at the pump. I also hate it when random strangers come ask for gas money to get home and we live in a fairly nice area. With my JK I would only get a little over 200 miles. That means I was at the pump every week. My new JL, it hit over 350 before the light came on!

View attachment 337654

My JKU gets about 200. Considering my commute is 115 miles each way. I was hitting the pumps twice a day when I was driving it full time.

DMF

My JKU gets about 200. Considering my commute is 115 miles each way. I was hitting the pumps twice a day when I was driving it full time.

Damn, now that really blows.

wjtstudios

Hooked
With my well worn 37” BFG KM2s and 4:88 on a Jeep that weights right at 6k, I get about 240-250 miles out of a tank with around 18.5 gallons used.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

DMF

That’s really good. You must do a lot of hwy miles to get that much out of a tank.

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s really good. You must do a lot of hwy miles to get that much out of a tank.

Up and too a week ago, I would do 150-250 miles per day on it. A lot of 55 mph roads with some highway miles in there. But also some traffic. I can’t avoid all of it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
LOL, my damn 14 JKU on 37's & 5:13's gets better mileage than my 19 JLU on 35's & 4:10's :crazyeyes:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m starting to get the picture that the JK was the pinnacle of the Jeep platform. Better mileage, the seats are way more comfortable, less DW and stronger frame, but then there’s the flex you can get out of the JL which is crazy. I dunno, I’m still pretty damn happy with mine.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jesse3638

Hooked
That's good to hear. One of these days I'll get to work on the jeep. Need to figure out why my CEL came on and fix it because I just got my registration renewal and need to smog it. It's an automatic fail with that on.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I’m starting to get the picture that the JK was the pinnacle of the Jeep platform. Better mileage, the seats are way more comfortable, less DW and stronger frame, but then there’s the flex you can get out of the JL which is crazy. I dunno, I’m still pretty damn happy with mine.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

If the Jk's had the 8 speed auto they'd be perfect IMHO. I'd love to see someone come up with a swap.

The best I got was during a recent trip to the Rubicon in September. Running 37x13.50 coopers and 5:13’s I was able stretch it out to about 285 before the light came on. Currently with daily committing I’m getting about 260-270 before it comes on so all in all not bad. I do run the ethanol free gas whenever I can find it and I try and keep it in eco as much as possible as well.

Top Bottom