NEW Shoes for RUBICAT : 37x13.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro M/T Tires

Ddays

Hooked
I am this close to ordering a set of tires. I have my trigger finger on a set of Trail Graps but will wait to see what your feelings are about this tire. Really curious to see how round they are too!

robx251

Caught the Bug
I can't really complain about my old STTs worked on my Jeep. I just wished that lasted longer than 20k. They worked amazing, just didn't last as long as I would have liked for that kind of cash. I might am already looking for my next set, 22k on my duratracs and only 1/3 left. Maybe I'm just hard on tires ;-)

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I can't really complain about my old STTs worked on my Jeep. I just wished that lasted longer than 20k. They worked amazing, just didn't last as long as I would have liked for that kind of cash. I might am already looking for my next set, 22k on my duratracs and only 1/3 left. Maybe I'm just hard on tires ;-)

Wow man that's crazy I had a set of 35x12.50R17's on my 2004 F-150 FX4 running about 55psi front and 50psi rear I managed to get around 40000 miles off of them they got rotated every 2500 miles and aligned every 10000 miles '

Also I'm really excited for yall Eddie I can't wait to see Rubicat sitting on STT Pros especially when they get tested out on the rocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You have done it so many times tho it shouldn't take you to long. When your done you just need to kick your feet up and enjoy a beer

:cheesy: Who are you kidding! It never gets easier and it's never fun working on bead lock wheels :crazyeyes:

You making Cindy do it again? :idontknow:

Are you suggesting that I get my hands dirty? :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, we finally got the 4 tires that were the right size all installed and here's a shot of us airing them up.
main.php

Here are a couple of shots of all 4 wheels and tires completely assembled and ready to be installed on Rubicat.
main.php

main.php

And finally, here are a few shots of what they look like mounted on Rubicat.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Also, I just got a tracking number and it looks like our replacement tire of the correct size should be here in a couple of days. :cool:

badass Eddie. Love the way the tires look. Gonna take a minute to get used to Rubicat on the polished wheels again ;-)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I should note that we were able to take Rubicat out for a quick spin and so far, here are our initial thoughts on the Cooper STT Pros.

1. They are a LOT quieter than we were expecting. I think being that our Renegade is a unibody, the sound from the tires translate into the cab a lot louder than a JK which has a body on frame and separated by body mounts that are really isolators. Of course, on our Renegade, we were moving from street tires to mud terrains and on Rubicat, we went from bigass Mud Grapplers to these Coopers.

2. Surprisingly, they are a lot rounder than I was expecting. In fact, I didn't notice any shimmy or roughness until I got to about 75+ MPH and even then, it was very slight. Based on the fact that I couldn't feel anything in the steering wheel, I have to think that the minor balance issue is on a rear tire. I have to say that it's almost not off enough to even bother getting them balanced but, I think we'll do it anyway just because we tend to drive on the 75 MPH range on a regular basis.

3. Right off the bat, we aired these tires up to 30 psi and being that they are Load Range E tires, we can definitely feel it. At least, we can feel every stone and crack in the pavement but, that's nothing new to us. We'll be bringing them back down to about 26 psi and I suspect that will help out.

I will be sure to post up more as I think about it. If any of you have any questions, please let me know. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those look awesome! Did they need balancing?

Sorry, I missed your post but added a quick review of the tires. For the most part, no, I wouldn't say they "need" balancing but at 75 MPH and above, I do feel at least one wheel that could use some help. Below 75 MPH, I don't feel a thing.

Are you going to paint them orange again in the future or keep them machined? :eyes:

Oh no, we'll be keeping our Chamber Pro II's shiny just like you see them :yup:

Bring the 40's. I'll throw them on. :D

Unfortunately for you, you don't have the right bolt pattern :D

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
First off Rubicat is one badass JK with some Pros on it
Second love the initial reviews reminds me a lot of the STTs that I had they performed the same

devwil68

Running this same setup. Liking the tires myself. The 13.5w just seems perfect proportionally on the JK in my opinion. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456889535.307032.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456889550.043427.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456889575.888973.jpg

uberc4

Good thing I haven't bought a set of tires yet. I look forward to your overall review of the coopers. :thumb:

Top Bottom