ROAM Offroad - JL Development - Front and Rear Bumpers, 4-Link Long Arm, & Side Armor

'05-16-2017' Our concept has been around a bit longer than January.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/45974-LoD-Destroyer-Sliders

But yes, welcome to the forum. Thank you for the suggestions, we will consider them :)

Thanks for the support and warm welcome everyone!

Lol! I find this pretty funny too, but for different reasons. From your comparison picture, our products do not appear to be designed, engineered or built similarly.

Our Side Armor Steps have full width egress step plates and LEDs where the recesses are and your version does not. From the picture you've attached, our Side Armor Steps also do not angle the edge of the top surface at a slant (where the step plates are) or expand the opening outwards. During our own testing, we've found that if the top edge was slanted it adds to a false sense of where someone could step without slipping or rolling their ankle. We've also built our step plate at full width (the width of the doors) so that you wouldn't be limited to where you can step. Also, on our Side Armor Steps, the indent edges are concave and the B pillar indent is there for structural reasons and not for aesthetics.

We also have LED lights on ours. On the picture you've attached of our Side Armor Steps you can clearly see LED lights protruding out from the concave section of the indents. (They look like small round tabs.) We've designed the edge indents the way we've designed them because of the LED lights can only be angled so far; the LED's shine inward and downward onto the step plates and not upward or outward.

Our Side Armor Steps also hug the base of the OE fenders. We've designed them that way instead of spacing them down further because our side armor steps as they sit will not interfere with our long arm suspension rear control arm brackets. Our JL long arm suspension is the first JL long arm 4-link kit available. We'll have pictures this week of our first customer installs.

We've been working on our stuff since the beginning of January and our side steps have been in production since the end of February. We've got timestamped proofs of our concept designs, timestamped engineering drawings, and emails (which are timestamped) and timestamped validation testing from various third parties. The NDA/embargo was lifted recently as demos and reviews are rolling out.

So to put things nicely, it appears that great minds think alike. I'd like to think that if I see a widened step area on your Rock Sliders and/or the addition of LED lights on your version, or if you reconfigure the mounting brackets so that your Rock Sliders are hugging the fenders more or if you've added an indent near the front for clearance issues then we're improving the JL customer experience overall instead of that you've either copied or are planning on copying our step area design or our LED placement. Though what I would prefer to tell you instead would be, that in my opinion, you also build some really nice products and I wish you well.

Attached below is an image showing one of our focus groups providing feedback on our front bull bar design. sarcasm->this picture shows that we have designed almost every variation of what a bull bar may look like, including height and width, and this is version group 7 of 20+ groups of our first focus group feedback, so therefore should anyone design a bull bar or grill guard that has either a similar shape, height, or width, or angle, or tube OD, then they *must* be copying our stuff? /sarcasm. Thanks for the warm welcome btw!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Sorry, welcome to WAL. Hope you have a thick skin. [emoji482]

I was commenting on the caption under the picture where (I'm assuming) you say your company sometimes copy other's designs. If it wasn't you or someone representing your company or if the photo and comments were taken out of context, I apologize.

However, if it is the policy of your company that it's okay to outright copy other's designs, that's a problem.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I think that statement is being misread. “Our designs are sometimes copied,” means, “Others sometimes copy our designs.”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
LōD Offroad;1030084 said:
'05-16-2017' Our concept has been around a bit longer than January.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/45974-LoD-Destroyer-Sliders

But yes, welcome to the forum. Thank you for the suggestions, we will consider them :)

I’ve been a fan of LoD, and really like your stuff, but if you think they are copies, shouldn’t you take legal action, instead of calling them out on a forum? If a member does it, that’s one thing, but I find it a little tacky that a business is doing it.

A.J.

I think that statement is being misread. “Our designs are sometimes copied,” means, “Others sometimes copy our designs.”

I think the statement was purposely worded the way it was. " Our designs are sometimes copied but we do not intend on competing with overseas stuff based on merit of price alone."

It could go either way. Now don't misread me here. I don't have a dog in the hunt. Many many similar appearing products in the entire industry do happen. Same thing happens with tires and other products as well. Computer drafting and drawings just come out the same sometimes. Employees switch companies or even start their own and take ideas with them. Not to mention they all fit the same vehicle in this case so the chance for similarities is even greater. Time will tell if the products hold up, but first they have to be marketable. So my question remains, where how and when can people buy this stuff? I can google Lod, EVO, Poison Spyder, Crawler Concepts, etc etc. and find them but I can't find ROAM. Too new? Terrible Marketing? I googled it wrong?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

A.J.

Found your website. Nothing on it yet. Everything says TBA. I did notice the statement at the end of the about section reads " sometimes copied by others" much clearer thanks! Welcome to the party and good luck in you endeavors.

They have a website, it looks very nice and tidy! :) :beer: Give them a bit of time, they didn't necessarily say 'available for purchase' yet. That front bumper looks pretty slick!!

http://www.roamoffroad.com/about/

I think the statement was purposely worded the way it was. " Our designs are sometimes copied but we do not intend on competing with overseas stuff based on merit of price alone."

It could go either way. Now don't misread me here. I don't have a dog in the hunt. Many many similar appearing products in the entire industry do happen. Same thing happens with tires and other products as well. Computer drafting and drawings just come out the same sometimes. Employees switch companies or even start their own and take ideas with them. Not to mention they all fit the same vehicle in this case so the chance for similarities is even greater. Time will tell if the products hold up, but first they have to be marketable. So my question remains, where how and when can people buy this stuff? I can google Lod, EVO, Poison Spyder, Crawler Concepts, etc etc. and find them but I can't find ROAM. Too new? Terrible Marketing? I googled it wrong?

00jas00

LōD Offroad;1030144 said:
They have a website, it looks very nice and tidy! :) :beer: Give them a bit of time, they didn't necessarily say 'available for purchase' yet. That front bumper looks pretty slick!!

http://www.roamoffroad.com/about/

I recieved ROAM's products today to test out and give my opinion on. I must say they are very well thought out , and very ,very well built . I am in the process of the installation , test fit . And so far everything has been spot on . I'm attaching pics of the products so you can check them out

Attachments

• IMG_20180317_182939.jpg
    IMG_20180317_182939.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_20180317_183015.jpg
    IMG_20180317_183015.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_20180317_184224.jpg
    IMG_20180317_184224.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_20180317_184455.jpg
    IMG_20180317_184455.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 488

WJCO

Meme King
I recieved ROAM's products today to test out and give my opinion on. I must say they are very well thought out , and very ,very well built . I am in the process of the installation , test fit . And so far everything has been spot on . I'm attaching pics of the products so you can check them out

Welcome to Wayalife.

So my question remains, where how and when can people buy this stuff?

LōD Offroad;1030144 said:
They have a website, it looks very nice and tidy! :) :beer: Give them a bit of time, they didn't necessarily say 'available for purchase' yet.

Thanks for the interest and support! We'll have updated content on the website by next week, so stay tuned for more info coming up!

Best of luck to you in your endeavors. 🥃 Just remember not to treat customers like shit (by accusing them of abusing your products if a product happens to fail due to design flaws) and you will further distinguish yourself from some of the other manufacturers out there.

I was serious about the welcome... Thanks for supporting the forum. 🍻

Do you have a JL and would you be willing to do a review? We'll be doing some fun promos/contests/giveaways in the next few weeks. Rules are you gotta actually take it offroad, the review has to include pictures/videos, and you can be as critical, harsh, or brutal about our stuff as you want. We'll improve whatever needs improving and if there's anything wrong we'll send a replacement. Our retail 2-year warranty applies to all of our promos/contests/giveaways. With our retail warranty, if anything fails for any reason including you've wrecked or crashed we'll send you a replacement (applies to all of our products except for axles and axle housings, shipping and paint are not included, and 3rd party items are not included such as Fox Shocks). If its a car crash proof is required. Also the disclaimer of when wheeling your rig, "broken face, broken pride, and broken dreams not covered under warranty" should apply.

Looking forward to updates.

Jeep Wrangler JL Long Arm 4-Link suspension system.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we've got the 1st Long Arm 4-Link suspension system out there for the Jeep Wrangler JL.

I can tell everyone all about how its got more articulation off-road, minimal brake dive and squat under acceleration, how the ride quality is superior and how the caster, anti-squat, pinion angle, and wheelbase are all now fully adjustable or how we've got the longest long arm kit and its a 4-Link, but instead of boring everyone with the details we'll be doing our next articulation test this weekend so lets just start there.

We've also got a few of these out in the wild so don't be surprised if you see one at EJS.

Attachments

• ROAM Offroad - Side Armor Steps - Road to EJS 0033.jpg
    ROAM Offroad - Side Armor Steps - Road to EJS 0033.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Welcome to Wayalife looking forward to seeing this long arm kit. And if you need anything tested let me know.

Thanks for the interest and support!

Where are you located and will you be doing your own installs?

On our JL long arm kit, we're currently out of shocks and rear springs. When we've got the next batch in from Fox and Hypercoil I'd be happy to discuss sending a JL Long Arm kit out towards you for a review/sponsorship/brand ambassador. We'll also have upgraded axle housings for the M210 and M220 (3/8" - 1/2" wall) if you're interested. If you don't have a JL Rubicon then it'll be another three weeks before we get our half-shaft prototypes in. Gears will come from a third party.

The pictures attached below should show the approach angle of our current front bumper and how our JL long arm kit looks installed. The production version of our JL long arm kit has straight lower control arms which will require cutting the rear OE lower control arm brackets. We do have an optional OE rear control arm bracket repair kit if that helps.

Attachments

• ROAM - JL Long Arm Kit 001.jpg
    ROAM - JL Long Arm Kit 001.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 197
  • ROAM - JL Rear Bumper Tire Carrier 003.jpg
    ROAM - JL Rear Bumper Tire Carrier 003.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 200
  • ROAM - JL Front Bumper and Side Armor Steps 005.jpg
    ROAM - JL Front Bumper and Side Armor Steps 005.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

haddixj

bumpers

The bumpers look good, I have my JLR on order (hopefully it will be here in the next month) do you have pricing on them yet? I live about 1 hour away from the Rubicon and plan to go up there and test out the Jeep when we get it. You can PM me if you would rather

WhiteMetal

Thanks for the interest and support!

Where are you located and will you be doing your own installs?

On our JL long arm kit, we're currently out of shocks and rear springs. When we've got the next batch in from Fox and Hypercoil I'd be happy to discuss sending a JL Long Arm kit out towards you for a review/sponsorship/brand ambassador. We'll also have upgraded axle housings for the M210 and M220 (3/8" - 1/2" wall) if you're interested. If you don't have a JL Rubicon then it'll be another three weeks before we get our half-shaft prototypes in. Gears will come from a third party.

The pictures attached below should show the approach angle of our current front bumper and how our JL long arm kit looks installed. The production version of our JL long arm kit has straight lower control arms which will require cutting the rear OE lower control arm brackets. We do have an optional OE rear control arm bracket repair kit if that helps.

Wow eh that looks wicked I’ve been impatiently waiting to see a long arm kit for the jlu. Yeah I’ve got a rubicon and yeah I would definitely be doing own installation, I live up in Canada not far from the Rocky Mountains.

When are you planing on releasing your products for sale?

Top Bottom