The 2017 Great Texas Exodus!

moteaux

Just got a pm about the start date and I want to assure everyone we are LEAVING on Thursday the 21st and overnighting in Albuquerque. That is all...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I looked at this last month. Got the kitchen pass from the wife. If you have room for one more let me know. Me and my dog are down to roll. Actually already reserved KOA just in case.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I'm assuming everybody is booking these rooms on credit cards. That may be a problem for me. I have zero credit cards. I've never really needed needed one except for twice in my life per say and that was only due to work. I have checked into them when I needed them but while I have good credit I have never found a card that wanted to give me much over a $500 limit. Most are around $300. Is this just cause I've never had a card or what?

I can walk in tomorrow and borrow enough from the bank to cover this trip. I really don't wanna do that though and start making payments on it since this trip isn't until September though. Lol. I may just have to though if we are gonna go. Guess I need to figure that out for sure. And look at getting a credit card again. Lol.

I'm assuming everybody is booking these rooms on credit cards. That may be a problem for me. I have zero credit cards. I've never really needed needed one except for twice in my life per say and that was only due to work. I have checked into them when I needed them but while I have good credit I have never found a card that wanted to give me much over a $500 limit. Most are around $300. Is this just cause I've never had a card or what?

I can walk in tomorrow and borrow enough from the bank to cover this trip. I really don't wanna do that though and start making payments on it since this trip isn't until September though. Lol. I may just have to though if we are gonna go. Guess I need to figure that out for sure. And look at getting a credit card again. Lol.

Have a checking account?

Jackal01

Man I can't function without my credit cards! I've had a credit card payment every month for 13 years! But yes I have booked all our KOAs on a specific credit card. I'd consider getting another one. Sooner than later in case they book uo.ans you're stuck somewhere pricey, further away, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

I guess if I had the money. Which I don't. Most people I know that use credit cards do so because they don't have the money for stuff but can make payments.

I recommend you get one, just don't spend what you don't have. We use ours for everything but pay it off every month. It also builds points we use mostly for vacations. Just be careful and only spend what you have in the bank, that way you know you can always pay it off at the end of the month.

Jackal01

I wish I didn't care about my credit score. Because then I could max out my cards and have a beast rig. Then I wouldn't need a good score since the jeep will be "done", won't be buying another vehicle and I'm already in a house! No need for a good core at that point!!

WJCO

Meme King
I wish I didn't care about my credit score. Because then I could max out my cards and have a beast rig. Then I wouldn't need a good score since the jeep will be "done", won't be buying another vehicle and I'm already in a house! No need for a good core at that point!!

Do you work for the federal government by chance?

Jackal01

Do you work for the federal government by chance?
Hahaha. That's awesome. I work for an ESD (Emergency Services District) that contracts with the FD to provide service. Local tax payer funded. Not a federalli, though.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I need more of that in my life... I'm always playing on the safe side when it comes to finances.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh I play it safe as I can. I just worry about myself and doing stupid stuff like that if I had a credit card.

Building your credit score back up sucks. We had great credit and then I quit a job without having another job because it was killing my marriage and me emotionally. We sold off everything we could to stay afloat and paid as much as we could on everything we still had. Never missed a payment but there were times we couldn't make full payments. We were always in contact with everybody and they all knew our situation. The credit score still suffered and it's been fun trying to rebuild it. It's not the greatest now but it's getting a crap load better.

We are also in the process of selling our house that we bought in Oct 2015 because we found something we like better and it has a small shop. We bought ours cheap enough that we should make money and cover any and all costs needed at closing to get into the other one.

So I'm on hold anything credit wise for a bit. Hopefully it goes quick here and I can still get a card and find some rooms. Still need to talk to the wife about it again also. She was for it when this thread started.

Top Bottom