What's in your Jeep tool kit?

Gbint

It’s funny that we all, myself included, carry tool kits, regardless of how new the Jeep is, and that’s ok! Seems we expect to have issues, and again, that’s ok! I never carried one with the LWB Samurai I off roaded for 24 years. Us Jeep people are weird.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Everyone is carrying the tools listed for the purpose of fixing trail damage, not because they are fearful of the Jeep’s reliability. And having over sized tires on standard axles and small pinion sizes tend to cause things to break (axle shafts/ drive shafts/ gears/ brake lines/ etc.)

I’m also willing to wager that most people here do pre-run inspections to catch normal wear and tear before issues occur, assuming life doesn’t get in the way.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It’s funny that we all, myself included, carry tool kits, regardless of how new the Jeep is, and that’s ok! Seems we expect to have issues, and again, that’s ok! I never carried one with the LWB Samurai I off roaded for 24 years. Us Jeep people are weird.

I don’t carry tools because I expect something to break. I carry tools so I can get home if something does happen.

Why do you even own a Jeep? You talk shit about them in multiple threads. Seems like they are garbage and you don’t even like them.

Gbint

People ask me as a mechanic and person who’s owned 12 jeeps what I think of them. I say that I think they are crap... and that I get to own 12 more[emoji4]. I just love driving these things. The JK is the first one I’ve used for off roading. All others were museum pieces, so to speak that never saw dirt. That’s what my Samurai was for. It’s awesome heading into the woods with the comforts of the JK.

Gbint

You know.... as much as we all love our Jeep it’s ok to admit they aren’t the absolute best. They are however, the most fun to build and drive.

maskale

Just read through the whole thing, I did see valve stems mentioned, But didn't see anyone mention the Colby Valves. They are valve stems you install from the out side.

https://www.amazon.com/Colby-Valve-...F8&qid=1515160664&sr=8-1&keywords=colby+valve

how many pounds would yall estimate you are carrying in parts and gear/tools.

I know what I need to work on my jeep, but there comes a point where you just have to say enough is enough and go without some things. I try not to over lap on tool sizes like sockets and stuff. but there are certainly things I want to carry, but don't.

whispike

How do you guys that carry power tools charge the batteries if they die out? Do you just charge them before hand and hope the batteries last? Maybe a power inverter to run a charger would work?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My 2015 JKUR has 110 power from the factory, although the motor has to be running for it to work. I sometimes also carry a Goal Zero Yeti for extra charging and to run my ARB fridge.

whispike

My 2015 JKUR has 110 power from the factory, although the motor has to be running for it to work. I sometimes also carry a Goal Zero Yeti for extra charging and to run my ARB fridge.

Nice, my 2014 JKU doesn’t have 110 only 12v. It’d definitely be nice to have.
Which Goal Zero Yeti are you using that can power an ARB fridge? I see there are a few different models of them.

WJCO

Meme King
How do you guys that carry power tools charge the batteries if they die out? Do you just charge them before hand and hope the batteries last? Maybe a power inverter to run a charger would work?

I always charge the tool batteries ahead of time. I've had to use the tools on the trail and have yet to have a scenario where they were run long enough to need a recharge. However I do carry the charger with me in the event it is needed and run a 1000W inverter. I have yet to use it to recharge batteries though. I have used it for other things though.

IMG_20170115_152058_042.jpg

Top Bottom