rocker Guard Question

Reaper

so with the JK yall were all about the frame connection and the EVO rocker guards that attached this way. Now evos are body mount. how are yall doing with this and complaints yet? is it as strong?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
so with the JK yall were all about the frame connection and the EVO rocker guards that attached this way. Now evos are body mount. how are yall doing with this and complaints yet? is it as strong?

So far they’ve held up on the ones I’ve seen. I would still prefer frame mounted.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Had both. Went from frame mount to body mount and skins. Yes, the frame mount are stronger and IMO look better but I went with body mount for the step due to wife and kid. I have taken a few pretty good shots with the body mounts and one time so bad I immediately got out to check and was expecting to find damage but all I saw was a small scuff. I have been really happy with the body mounts.

jjlong

Apparently someone ran a truck into Mel's Body mounted Sliders this weekend in a parking lot. It looks like the slider saved the the body from damage, but the slider looks hammered in the picture. I don't think the Evo frame mounted sliders would have budged!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

Forgot the picture FB_IMG_1569279991785.jpg

Edit: Looking closer at the photo it may just be an allusion that the slider is bent.

Last edited:

MericaMade

Apparently someone ran a truck into Mel's Body mounted Sliders this weekend in a parking lot. It looks like the slider saved the the body from damage, but the slider looks hammered in the picture. I don't think the Evo frame mounted sliders would have budged!

Looks like the bumper split on the slider. I bet the slider only has paint damage.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I was told that was the one wrapped in the flag from last year when the coilovers came for the JL

It has the rear bumper off and the fascia on, which you can't buy yet either.

Yes, this is what it used to look like.

39441344_10156797010373680_1626137183054200832_o-1280x854.jpg

It also served as the fancy camera rig in the recent JKX.

Top Bottom