NEW Jeep JL Wrangler Spy Shots & Production Dates

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I heard it wrong it sounded like they were shutting down the wrangler plant to re tool that one. If it's the Cherokee I can understand the 6 month turnover.

Both vehicles are made at the TAC. They are keeping the JK line running for a year into the JL production. The Cherokee line will be converted to assemble the JL.

Adamw1212

So the news said the Toledo plant will shut down and layoff workers for 6 months to re-tool then recall and add 700 jobs. Any guesses as to how big of a change this means for the wrangler. I know it's normal for this but I don't recall any 6 month shutdowns for other model changes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My dad works at the Toledo plant they run both cherokees and wrangler. As far as I know the wrangler line will still run and it's the Cherokee line that will be off for 6 months to retool for the wrangler truck

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I had just seen that, thanks for posting it up here. Looks like I may not have to fly out to New York after all to see the launch of the JL :crazyeyes:

When is the LA one? NY is in April, I doubt the JL will arrive there...will probably be one of the later ones of the year.

Back in 2006 the last year for the TJ, was there the same amount of anticipation for the JK's? I wasn't a jeep owner then so I wasn't following things that closely. It just seems like forever to get the camouflage off and give us all a sense what the production JL model will look like.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I'm seeing the test rigs everywhere right now in both a soft top and a hard tops versions. I'm not sure if the "wrangler classic" is going to have similar updates to the JL and that's the soft tops that I'm seeing or just maybe the JL will have a soft top! Here's to hoping!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back in 2006 the last year for the TJ, was there the same amount of anticipation for the JK's? I wasn't a jeep owner then so I wasn't following things that closely. It just seems like forever to get the camouflage off and give us all a sense what the production JL model will look like.

No. Not as I recall. I honestly don't think Chrysler had any clue that they would have the hit that they did with the JK especially with the 4-door. We had been seen product brochures and photos of the JK pretty early in the year and well before its official release. I think FCA is banking on the JL to be a bigger winner than the JK was and so they're holding their cards close to them and until the very end.

No. Not as I recall. I honestly don't think Chrysler had any clue that they would have the hit that they did with the JK especially with the 4-door. We had been seen product brochures and photos of the JK pretty early in the year and well before its official release. I think FCA is banking on the JL to be a bigger winner than the JK was and so they're holding their cards close to them and until the very end.
Thanks for the info.

Ahh yes a 2 for 1 in 2007....a new gen Wrangler plus a 4 door. The latter really opened the door (sorry for the pun) to a new customer base, those who wanted a Wrangler but needed or wanted a 4 door.

FCA now has this momentum behind them with the success of the JK.....hence the pent up excitement for the JL.

Marking glitz I guess. And yes I will go and seek one out once they are our, just to look.

Anticipation.....

Top Bottom