2018 Texas Exodus

jeff.salakar

Looks like it was a great trip

I have been drooling over the pictures, both here and in the links.

I hate Facebook, and deleted my account, but am not so paranoid about it as to not view pics as a guest.

Great photo and video work.

The layout on the link allowed me to zoom in until each pic filled the screen, then I scrolled through from beginning to end. It was a satisfying waste of a half hour.
Cool, glad those with no FB can still enjoy. So far Flat Top has a great camera and captures colors and depth. Hope he posts more

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Coop

Caught the Bug
This looks like an awesome trip. Great pics!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Buster3479

Who has the front view? I want to see how far the front tire was actually off the ground. Everyone outside the Jeep seemed even more terrified than me!

I still have no idea how we ended up on that line. In retrospect, following the same path as everyone else with our wider rig was a bad idea. I'm just glad we were able to resolve it without issue other than a change of shorts! We ended up being smarter and more cautious for the rest of the trip!

View attachment 308737

Just saying... ��

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Last edited:

jeff.salakar

Who has the front view? I want to see how far the front tire was actually off the ground. Everyone outside the Jeep seemed even more terrified than me!

I still have no idea how we ended up on that line. In retrospect, following the same path as everyone else with our wider rig was a bad idea. I'm just glad we were able to resolve it without issue other than a change of shorts! We ended up being smarter and more cautious for the rest of the trip!
Looks like Kyle may have got a shot. You back home now?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Buster3479

Just got back home last night. I plan on starting to go through the 137GB of video and film we took over the weekend. Epic adventure!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'll go back through my camera, I might've frozen and not been able to snap lol. David's better half probably got some good ones though.

I'm sure we will sit down and sift through sometime this weekend... once the jeep is unpacked and cleaned up :thumb:

Buster3479

Wife was terrified, dog was terrified. I was too involved in trying to plan how we were getting out of it safely to be too scared at the time. Ask Jay and or Nick, we had a pretty cool and collected conversation while just "hanging out". It is honestly just now seeing this picture that I realize just how bad it was....

The look on everyone, especially Benito's face when I got out of the Jeep at the top made me really want to see this picture to get a full grasp after the fact.

We should have never been on that line. The front passenger sidewall lugs grabbed the wall face and walked the tire completely up it. Even though I was discoed, the friction of the sidewall supported the axle enough to stick it straight out. 20/20 hindsight

Lessons learned, nobody or Jeep hurt, and epic footage!

DSC_0599.jpg

Brute

Hooked
Wife was terrified, dog was terrified. I was too involved in trying to plan how we were getting out of it safely to be too scared at the time. Ask Jay and or Nick, we had a pretty cool and collected conversation while just "hanging out". It is honestly just now seeing this picture that I realize just how bad it was....

The look on everyone, especially Benito's face when I got out of the Jeep at the top made me really want to see this picture to get a full grasp after the fact.

We should have never been on that line. The front passenger sidewall lugs grabbed the wall face and walked the tire completely up it. Even though I was discoed, the friction of the sidewall supported the axle enough to stick it straight out. 20/20 hindsight

Lessons learned, nobody or Jeep hurt, and epic footage!

View attachment 309323

Damn Phil...glad that didn't go sideways (literally)...

Top Bottom