McKinley Grove Road collapsed!!

ob_tj

FB_IMG_1484022228919.jpg don't know if any of you guys saw this picture floating around but this is the road that goes to courtright Reservoir and also the entrance to the famous Dusy Ershim trail!

ob_tj

Wow! I heard on the news this afternoon, Nor Cal is getting pounded, and there was going to be bad blizzard conditions in the Sierras.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah that was more central but I live in northern California and we have been getting pounded with rain for the last 5 days or so

WJCO

Meme King
I hope it stops soon for you guys. That's exactly what happened here in 2013. Just too many days of rain and the ground couldn't hold anymore. The devastation is still evident here. Really sucks.

ob_tj

I hope it stops soon for you guys. That's exactly what happened here in 2013. Just too many days of rain and the ground couldn't hold anymore. The devastation is still evident here. Really sucks.
Yeah the Stanislaus river right behind my house has grown in size like crazy. Starting to pull trees out of the ground.

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah the Stanislaus river right behind my house has grown in size like crazy. Starting to pull trees out of the ground.

You have an evacuation plan in place in case you have to bail? And stuff packed and ready?

GraniteCrystal

You have an evacuation plan in place in case you have to bail? And stuff packed and ready?
A good point. Way too many people think it won't affect them. Grab your stuff now. Be ready. Way less traumatic to plan ahead and you'll make much better decisions.

WJCO

Meme King
We were land-locked for 3 days when the 2013 flood occurred and we didn't even live close to water. Within an hour the town was cut into pieces. We are pretty prepared people but we always had an evacuation plan of being able to drive to a certain location. The flood changed that plan.

Here is Longmont:

Longmont_considering_free_to_cover_flood_1008250000_1106179_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Flooding was worse the 2nd and 3rd day as all the mountain water had to settle lower. We had enough food and water and didn't take water into the house, but it sure woke us up being stranded.

black pearl

Hooked
Yeah that was more central but I live in northern California and we have been getting pounded with rain for the last 5 days or so

I'm in the north Bay Area we have been getting hit hard most of my property is under water and a main road about a mile over from me has been shut down for the last three days

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

Oh yeah we've both got bug out bags stocked with clothes, MREs and other needed stuff. And damn that is really bad...

Crazy stuff. Here a few pictures from two days ago around the central coast. And it hasn't stopped raining yet...

IMG_5059.JPG .

IMG_5062.JPG .
IMG_5028.JPG .
IMG_5063.JPG .

And of course can't talk about flooding without mentioning my home town flooding in '95. IMG_5058.JPG .

Drove through there today. The Pajaro River is raging scary close to the way it was in 95.

Be prepared!

Last edited:

longarmwj

God I remember when we had flooding here in the south a while back. Entire buildings were totally washed off their foundations. Thankfully I wasn't near the serious flooding.

xxJWPxx

I'm out in Knights Ferry and the river is about as high as I've seen it. We're right across the street from the Stanislaus river.

Top Bottom