12' Gecko Build

JKbrick

Has anyone ever cut off these stock brake line brackets? If I mount them in the stock spot they are way too short. If I leave them out they will fit. But I'm nervous to cut the brake line haha. Or should I just get new SS brake lines?

View attachment 284084

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was a pita but I pried them off my neighbors lines when I lifted it for him, then loosely zip tied them to the shock

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Ok well I just ordered some new evo sway bar links, evo air compressor mount, Rancho brake lines, and an ARB CKA12 compressor for the lockers. And tomorrow I can call Adams to order the new drive shaft. And once again let the waiting game begin

desertrunner

Adams 1350 front drive shaft ordered!
Last thing to do up front is shocks. As long as I can clear 27" of shock length I'm going with kings. Still undecided on the 2.0 or 2.5s

desertrunner

Ok I think I have finally flex tested everything possible. The new drive shaft clears no problem at 27" of shock length and I can even stick my hand between it and the exhaust so I have plenty of room. The new sway bar links work perfect and I love the on vehicle adjustment. Now just gotta order new shocks. Very quickly running out of money though....

20171203_184356.jpg

JKbrick

Ok I think I have finally flex tested everything possible. The new drive shaft clears no problem at 27" of shock length and I can even stick my hand between it and the exhaust so I have plenty of room. The new sway bar links work perfect and I love the on vehicle adjustment. Now just gotta order new shocks. Very quickly running out of money though....

View attachment 284735

Driveshaft looks great, glad it’s all falling into place for you. Anxious to get a driving report for steering and all

desertrunner

Driveshaft looks great, glad it’s all falling into place for you. Anxious to get a driving report for steering and all

I should be able to drive it around the block this week. The only thing I'm waiting on is the brake lines. Which really I could drive with the stock ones and just let the bracket hang. And if you think about it, I have 0 adjustable components up front minus the swaybar links and the caster is set correctly so it should drive just fine.

But I am very eager to test it out too. The place I am getting my rear gears done at is like a 3 hour drive so it needs to be highway worthy.

JKbrick

I should be able to drive it around the block this week. The only thing I'm waiting on is the brake lines. Which really I could drive with the stock ones and just let the bracket hang. And if you think about it, I have 0 adjustable components up front minus the swaybar links and the caster is set correctly so it should drive just fine.

But I am very eager to test it out too. The place I am getting my rear gears done at is like a 3 hour drive so it needs to be highway worthy.

Are you going to drop the front driveshaft for the 3 hour drive?

desertrunner

Are you going to drop the front driveshaft for the 3 hour drive?

So looks like I have a slot open for me at dark horse customs on the 21st of December. I am going to be gone TDY this weekend and all next week so I have about 7 days total of making sure this thing is road ready. Yes I am just going to pull the front drive shaft to make the 3 hour drive.

Today I got the front shaft pulled again, re torqued all the steering components, bump stops installed, programmer all updated and ready to go. Tomorrow I gotta do the brake lines and re instal the coils and shocks. Once that's done just need to triple check the torque on everything and it's time for a test drive. I'll be sure I post updates once I take it out for a spin.

It's going to be interesting pulling off a 6 hour drive round trip on brand new gears. Not sure how I should play that one out yet.

desertrunner

Question on the pr44. Which one is the air line tap and which one is the breather?

Edit NVM I'm an idiot turn out pulling off the nipple covers would have told me that. My bad

20171205_194602.jpg

desertrunner

Ok guys well the jeep is all back together again. The only thing left to do is fill the diff with oil and take it for a test drive. I'll post up tonight how that goes

desertrunner

Ok first night of test driving.... Took it around my neighborhood twice to get the steering wheel all centered up, and took a few more zip ties to get the abs lines from rubbing on the tires but that went well. Just took it across town at 35 and 45 mph and so far so good. Drives great! Gonna stop for about 15 more mins to let the front diff cool down (probably being over cautious but oh well) then take it out on the highway and get it up to 60 to see how it does but so far so good.

I can't help but think to myself with all the things I have pulled apart I must have missed something but I have double and triple checked every bolt so hopefully it's all good to go.

desertrunner

First hwy drive went great! Held it at 50, 55, and 60, and it drove great, no vibrations no weird noises everything seems to be good to go.
Now keep in mind this is with no front drive shaft so once I get the rear gears installed on the 21st I'll have to test it out with the new front drive shaft in too. But overall the first test drive was a huge success!!!

Top Bottom