The build of my flag ship Black Pearl

black pearl

Hooked
I love it when my father in law brings me stuff from work 64 watt 3.88A Solar panel 20w 1.19a panel and a couple of deep cycle batteries almost have everything to start building my overlanding trailer IMG_5575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

rl206

Pretty sweet. I snagged a 3 panel that's capable of maintaining the little things like cell phones, etc. they are pretty handy to have! What trailer setup you planning on?

Judesign

Caught the Bug
This is cool. Not sure if there are any aftermarket vendors on this but If there are I bet it's pricey. Nothing beats free

black pearl

Hooked
LOL!! What do you have in mind so far?

Well I built a little hauling trailer for my self and used the drag axel out of a mini van as they can Handel weight and have full size rims. so there is that but then I started thinking about independent suspension with coilovers ... so it's tried and true or more custom

black pearl

Hooked
So I'm looking to upgrade my suspension again I'm planning on getting rancho 9000 shocks but am undecided on springs I've been looking at evo but what I'm going for is about 4" of netted lift my front bumper isn't super heavy but my rear bumper with spare and gas cans is I already run spacers in the rear to compensate the extra weight but people with a 4 door with the evo springs how much lift did you actually get?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I'm looking to upgrade my suspension again I'm planning on getting rancho 9000 shocks but am undecided on springs I've been looking at evo but what I'm going for is about 4" of netted lift my front bumper isn't super heavy but my rear bumper with spare and gas cans is I already run spacers in the rear to compensate the extra weight but people with a 4 door with the evo springs how much lift did you actually get?

For a question like this, you really should start a new posts in the JK Tech sub-forum. You'll for sure get a faster response as only people following your thread will see it if you post it here.

That being said, I am following your thread and this is what I can tell you. Unlike most 4" lifts that yield WAY MORE than 4" of lift, the EVO Plush Rides tend to give most JK's exactly 4" of lift. When I ran their coils, I did so with coil spacers in the rear to help compensate for the sag I had with all the gear I carry.

black pearl

Hooked
For a question like this, you really should start a new posts in the JK Tech sub-forum. You'll for sure get a faster response as only people following your thread will see it if you post it here.

That being said, I am following your thread and this is what I can tell you. Unlike most 4" lifts that yield WAY MORE than 4" of lift, the EVO Plush Rides tend to give most JK's exactly 4" of lift. When I ran their coils, I did so with coil spacers in the rear to help compensate for the sag I had with all the gear I carry.

Thank you! I did think about starting a separate thread for it.

Good to know that they are pretty true to the hight they say. I'm not ready to go over 4" right now but would like to get close to it. thank you for the input

black pearl

Hooked
Washed the jeep to go out with the wife tonight... she probably would like it if I did the inside also since I was out in mud and dust with no doors last weekend [emoji23] IMG_5730.jpg

Top Bottom