OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I installed it and tried it out this morn. I set my DRL to low beams and they work when I put the vehicle in drive. TBH, I didnt even realize I had DRL's on the damn thing lol. The fog light trick would be nice especially for guys like me that still have factory candlelights [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

What year is the Jeep?

rubiDave

Looks like you can only set tire pressure in half inch increments using this app vs quarter inch increments on the procal.

The app looks like it still a work in progress to me, with any luck the developers will stick with it and make it something really usefull.

Let us know how that cheap backup camera works for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Wow that’s pretty funny that you posted this I was just about to make a post of the same thing. [emoji23] beat me to it. I was wanting to know what you guys think of them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

with any luck the developers will stick with it and make it something really usefull.

LOL... I'd say it's already quite "useful" even if they do no more development at all. I guess I'm into about $200 saved so far.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
LOL... I'd say it's already quite "useful" even if they do no more development at all. I guess I'm into about $200 saved so far.

I agree! It might not be for everyone, but I’m pretty happy so far!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Wow that’s pretty funny that you posted this I was just about to make a post of the same thing. [emoji23] beat me to it. I was wanting to know what you guys think of them.

I’m impressed! It’s a powerful tool for a $15 license. Have you had a chance to try it out or are you just thinking about it?

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I’m impressed! It’s a powerful tool for a $15 license. Have you had a chance to try it out or are you just thinking about it?

Just thinking about it. There is videos on YouTube that will show you how to change the computer on your Jeep with it to compensate for tire size. Just wondering if it will really work for such a cheap price. Bulldog and super chips are in the $300-$400 or more to do the same thing so just wondering if it will do what they say it will.

Just thinking about it. There is videos on YouTube that will show you how to change the computer on your Jeep with it to compensate for tire size. Just wondering if it will really work for such a cheap price. Bulldog and super chips are in the $300-$400 or more to do the same thing so just wondering if it will do what they say it will.

Does this mean you can’t just change the tire size thru the app or there are extra steps? I figure for the few bucks I’d give it a shot to adjust for my 33s. Just waiting on the amazon order to show up now.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Does this mean you can’t just change the tire size thru the app or there are extra steps? I figure for the few bucks I’d give it a shot to adjust for my 33s. Just waiting on the amazon order to show up now.

Another member on Wayalife stated that he successfully changed his tire size. It looks easy to initiate within the app, but might take a few steps to get it to stick.

IMG_8438.jpg

I have not tried this yet.

Another member on Wayalife stated that he successfully changed his tire size. It looks easy to initiate within the app, but might take a few steps to get it to stick.

View attachment 322525

I have not tried this yet.

Gotcha. Yeah I saw it while exploring the demo. Have to see when it shows up Sunday. Wonder if I’ll notice any sort of difference changing the tire size to actually match...

TRLJNKY

i changed mine this morning off the app. GPS and speedo were damn close. I just put on new 315/70 17's and set it at 34". It was easy. Much easier than the toggles on the procal

edit: I didnt get the screenshot your showing. I just hit the dropdown and selected 34" and applied it. seemed easy enough but maybe it didnt change anything because I didnt get that warning message? Mine was set for 315's before off the procal so I guess its possible it didnt work 🤔. I may have to look into this a lil more tomorrow.

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
i changed mine this morning off the app. GPS and speedo were damn close. I just put on new 315/70 17's and set it at 34". It was easy. Much easier than the toggles on the procal

edit: I didnt get the screenshot your showing. I just hit the dropdown and selected 34" and applied it. seemed easy enough but maybe it didnt change anything because I didnt get that warning message? Mine was set for 315's before off the procal so I guess its possible it didnt work [emoji848]. I may have to look into this a lil more tomorrow.

The tip pops up when you click the “?”, not as you go through the selection process. If you speedo and gps match, I would be content.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Looks like you can only set tire pressure in half inch increments using this app vs quarter inch increments on the procal.

The app looks like it still a work in progress to me, with any luck the developers will stick with it and make it something really usefull.

Let us know how that cheap backup camera works for you.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I ordered the camera and harness so I will definitely post up!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I took another look at the DRL and found that I did change the setting yesterday. I didn’t see the change because I had the parking brake on, so thanks to BaddestCross for the heads up on that!

I choose the “Turn Signal DRL” and found that the front signal light is very bright, just like when the signal if flashing.

DRL:

IMG_8439.jpg

I thought it would be more like the parking light brightness.

Parking light:

IMG_8440.jpg

I guess it makes sense that you would want the light to be brighter and more visible for safety, but can the bulb handle the additional amps on a continuous basis? I guess time will tell.

This DRL mode also turns on the tail lights. The side marker lights remain off, so maybe having a “parking light” option that would add the side marker lights would be a better approach?

If I have bulb problems, I will ask the developer to look into the parking light possibility.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Are you able to engage front and rear lockers in 4H with this app? This is one of the main reasons I was looking at the Superchips.

As mentioned, not at this time, but if it’s something that you’re interested in drop the developer a note. The app is definitely a work in progress and the developer is responsive.

Top Bottom