JL Diesel fully optioned at 60K? Wow

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yikes that’s a lot of money. I hope they sell (because I want Jeep to do well) but I won’t be buying one. Not enough “pros” to outweigh the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
How would you do that? I thought modern diesels have exhaust temp, NOx, and soot sensors in the emission train that provided critical feedback to the ECM, without which the engine would not run?

If it is possible, removing the emissions system would also make the vehicle fail emissions inspections in the US and EU.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Just google DPF delete and see what comes up. There is a full removal and re-program for a 2012 RAM and I think it puts it up ovef 600HP and over 1000lbs of torque and more fuel efficient.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Howee shit! Sixty point five thousand, plus tax, trans, and maybe dealer prep. Looks like I’ll wait to see how this engine is received. Just from HP and torque numbers the engine pencils out well enough, but the real world awaits.

Brute

Hooked
I'll just wait for the SRT Trackhawk edition...with an elephant emblem on the side...or a demon...or a cat...

wjtstudios

Hooked
Every vehicle is going that way. The price projections for the starting price for the 2020 Grand Wagoneer are worse than that. It’s crazy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Every vehicle is going that way. The price projections for the starting price for the 2020 Grand Wagoneer are worse than that. It’s crazy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I wanted to wait for the Grand Wagoneer, but kept hearing about the insane starting price. I just picked up a certified preowned ‘18 Suburban LTZ instead. Even these damn things are $80k loaded. It’s insane. I got mine with 28k miles for much less than that.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I wanted to wait for the Grand Wagoneer, but kept hearing about the insane starting price. I just picked up a certified preowned ‘18 Suburban LTZ instead. Even these damn things are $80k loaded. It’s insane. I got mine with 28k miles for much less than that.

It’s all getting a bit insane. They’re talking about starting prices around for the GW 65-70 and going way up from there. Crazy

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Well, there is one positive thing I heard today about it. The Rubicon with a diesel has a GVWR over 6,000#, so it qualifies as a business expense, and you can get a first year section 179 deduction up to $25K.

Check with your accountant to be sure, but that may help swing the needle for some business owners.

I still hate all the regulated BS on the new diesels. Just too many added things to go wrong.

cpefy3

The diesel option is "only" a $4k add on compared to an auto 3.6 and you would still maintain the factory warranty. Kind of crazy when people are spending $20k+ to get similar torque from a V8 swap. I think both gas and diesel engines have their separate pluses and minuses in regards to power, longevity, cost on maintenance, fuel economy, and resale. Here is a pretty cool article pointing out many of the different points of consideration. I, personally, am just glad we finally get the option to purchase whichever platform we prefer.

https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/08/pickup-trucks-101-gas-vs-diesel.html

Also, it may seem like the chance of seeing a factory Hemi wrangler may be slim to none.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jeep-wrangler-hellcat-engine-doesnt-fit/

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Crazy expensive, hangs down super low, even with the smaller gas tank, the overall weight of the truck is heavier and it's utterly gutless off the line. Sure, it has a bit more range stock but I can guarantee you that it'll diminish quite a bit with bigger tires. I simply could not justify paying this kind of money for so little benefit just to have a diesel. For the money, I would get a RAM and be happy with real power, comfort and towing capacity.

But Jeep is touting it as the most powerful wrangler ever produced 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Crazy expensive, hangs down super low, even with the smaller gas tank, the overall weight of the truck is heavier and it's utterly gutless off the line. Sure, it has a bit more range stock but I can guarantee you that it'll diminish quite a bit with bigger tires. I simply could not justify paying this kind of money for so little benefit just to have a diesel. For the money, I would get a RAM and be happy with real power, comfort and towing capacity.

Really? Your JLUR was less? Loaded 4 dr Rubicon was $57K in 2018

jeeeep

Hooked
i'm still reeling from buyers shock on my JL...no way on the diesel and had a lot of hope for it :naw:

Kuboske

I know I sound like grandpa, but, I'm stunned by the rapid increase in cost of most things. Wages are not keeping up. My children in their 20's, are employed, but, cannot afford new vehicles. I suppose they could if they indentured themselves, but, I taught them to try and stay out of debt.
The cost of a new Jeep, 4 door is especially shocking to me. Their popularity has driven the prices through the roof. Also, popularity and sales numbers in the recent past, have prompted Jeep to offer zero incentives, on Wrangler. I am starting to see a slowdown in sales, here, in the midwest, however. There were 8 or 9, 2018, holdovers, at a local dealer, in late June, here. Surprised me, because that did not used to happen.
Also, I've been shopping for a new Ram 3500, dually. A friend e-mailed me a dealer ad for a brand new, crew cab, Big Horn, Cummins, automatic, 4X4, for $49,000, no trade, straight out.
That also seems high, but, consider how much more goes into a heavy commercial truck, than a Jeep.
The difference is, soccer moms aren't lining up to buy those...

Kuboske.

MericaMade

Well, there is one positive thing I heard today about it. The Rubicon with a diesel has a GVWR over 6,000#, so it qualifies as a business expense, and you can get a first year section 179 deduction up to $25K.

Check with your accountant to be sure, but that may help swing the needle for some business owners.

I still hate all the regulated BS on the new diesels. Just too many added things to go wrong.

Someone knows the tax code and is thinking right.

Top Bottom