1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

wjtstudios

Hooked
Just left the shop. Still welding the patches back in, but I couldn’t be happier seeing the body back on the frame!

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

The biggest issue we need to get resolved is the front pinion angle is way too low. We around going to have to burn the perches off and straighten that out.

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

All the patches should be in next week and then it is back to paint.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s going to, I hope, start moving faster. Panels are getting welded and ground in now, blocking in a week or two and then paint. While that’s going on, fuel and brake likes will be going on and prepping for the engine delivery

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Does the pinion angle versus castor matter when you have leaf springs or dont you have to watch that?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It does and I know the caster is way off too. When I had the custom springs built from alcan, I had them push the front axle forward to allow for 35s. This meant the axle came up higher on the spring causing the pinion angle to be down to low. Like everything, it will take some modifications. Just keep closing my eyes and signing checks... I’m starting to feel like one of my clients. [emoji17]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

It does and I know the caster is way off too. When I had the custom springs built from alcan, I had them push the front axle forward to allow for 35s. This meant the axle came up higher on the spring causing the pinion angle to be down to low. Like everything, it will take some modifications. Just keep closing my eyes and signing checks... I’m starting to feel like one of my clients. [emoji17]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Makes sense, looks so awesome

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom