Where did your Jeep take You this Week?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Took an impromptu trip to Ka’alu’alu yesterday. Sorry I’m a terrible photographer and am still getting used to using a drone for some stuff.... I’ll figure it out someday. A friend decided to join us later in the day.

https://youtu.be/7jPCxLrptO0

IMG_7693.jpg
IMG_7697.jpg
IMG_7125.jpg

Have a lot more (and better) video but it’s taking forever to upload... was a fun trip.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Took an impromptu trip to Ka’alu’alu yesterday. Sorry I’m a terrible photographer and am still getting used to using a drone for some stuff.... I’ll figure it out someday. A friend decided to join us later in the day.

https://youtu.be/7jPCxLrptO0

View attachment 319468
View attachment 319469
View attachment 319470

Have a lot more (and better) video but it’s taking forever to upload... was a fun trip.

This might be a good way to scout for mullet, weke, kala etc for thrownet...or maybe even bow fishing

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
This might be a good way to scout for mullet, weke, kala etc for thrownet...or maybe even bow fishing

Actually I ran into a fisherman a few days ago. He’s said there’s a mechanism that can attach to the bottom of the drones that allows them to fly their line out. So they’ve been sending out lines about a half mile and dropping them. Fishing for ahi from shore. Blew my mind.

Brute

Hooked
Actually I ran into a fisherman a few days ago. He’s said there’s a mechanism that can attach to the bottom of the drones that allows them to fly their line out. So they’ve been sending out lines about a half mile and dropping them. Fishing for ahi from shore. Blew my mind.

Wow...I did think about an RC boat with an aftco release clip to get our surf rod baits out further....I've seen guys do this with kites (if you have an offshore breeze...but drones sounds cool.

I have caught kawakawa & a mahi from shore drifting live opelu between Portlock and Hanauma Bay nearly 40 years ago...fishing for ulua (GT's)

BaddestCross

Went on a trail run through the Old Dale Mining District in Joshua Tree. The boy wanted to introduce his XJ to dirt so I found some takeoff wheels with ATs mounted, added some front tow hooks and threw in a CB. It was fun watching how capable a stock XJ is. 😎
20190120_101137.jpg
20190120_104321.jpg
20190120_111836.jpg
20190120_124238.jpg
20190120_134159.jpg
jeep-spare-tire-cover.jpg
Deja vu... The XJ blew a heater hose. You'd think I would've had a repair kit. 🙄 Luckily there was enough slack in the hose to cut it and reconnect.
20190120_164059.jpg
On the way home, a Marine saw us at a gas station and asked for some help for his buddy. Hooked up my winch and flipped him back over.
20190120_191258.jpg
After letting it sit for a while, it fired right up.
20190120_191457.jpg
My daughter in law talked to the guy the next day and scored some new seats for the XJ. 😎
download_20190123_232426.jpg
All in all, a successful first run for Roxie. 🤣

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Brute

Hooked
Went on a trail run through the Old Dale Mining District in Joshua Tree. The boy wanted to introduce his XJ to dirt so I found some takeoff wheels with ATs mounted, added some front tow hooks and threw in a CB. It was fun watching how capable a stock XJ is. 😎
View attachment 319513
View attachment 319514
View attachment 319515
View attachment 319516
View attachment 319517
View attachment 319518
Deja vu... The XJ blew a heater hose. You'd think I would've had a repair kit. 🙄 Luckily there was enough slack in the hose to cut it and reconnect.
View attachment 319519
On the way home, a Marine saw us at a gas station and asked for some help for his buddy. Hooked up my winch and flipped him back over.
View attachment 319520
View attachment 319521
My daughter in law talked to the guy the next day and scored some new seats for the XJ. 😎
View attachment 319522

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

That's a good story...howz your new radiator holding up?

rubiDave

View attachment 319513
View attachment 319514
View attachment 319515
View attachment 319516
View attachment 319517
View attachment 319518
View attachment 319519
View attachment 319520
View attachment 319521
View attachment 319522

--
That's cool. Looks like you had an entourage, are those other vehicles in the line up friends of your's or was it that crowded?

When I went to JT in early December Old Dale Rd was closed due to a washout, so did Berdoo canyon instead. Mean to get out there again soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

That's cool. Looks like you had an entourage, are those other vehicles in the line up friends of your's or was it that crowded?

When I went to JT in early December Old Dale Rd was closed due to a washout, so did Berdoo canyon instead. Mean to get out there again soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
It was an open run I came across on FB. I've run with them once before, but most of the group were newbies with new Jeeps. I figured it would be a good test run for the XJ as it wouldn't be able to do most of the trails we normally do.

We came across a couple other groups in the trail but it was basically empty aside from us.

--

Top Bottom