3” or 4” Plush Rides?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Just to be clear, going from 3" to 4" springs doesn't give you more travel. You just ride higher into the same range of travel you already had. Shock length and bump stop determine travel range.

MericaMade

Just to be clear, going from 3" to 4" springs doesn't give you more travel. You just ride higher into the same range of travel you already had. Shock length and bump stop determine travel range.
Opps I ment height, thanks for pointing that out.

NastyNate

But wouldn't his up travel be greater with taller springs ? due to the taller springs creating more distance between the bump stop and the pad or do i have it all wonky LOL

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I’m running 3” springs with 1/2” spacers on 3 corners and a 2” spacer on the back right . Jeep had a terrible lean before but now sits flat . Plenty of clearance on 35s so will be interesting to see how it looks with 37s going on in a few weeks . Running 3” evo bumpstops

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Wouldn't the taller bumpstops be for larger tires?
Not so much the spring size, but to keep from rubbing. Also for allowing longer shocks.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Wouldn't the taller bumpstops be for larger tires?
Not so much the spring size, but to keep from rubbing. Also for allowing longer shocks.

I have seen Eddie post comments about bump stops also being important to avoid over compression of the springs. But I don’t recall the details. Maybe he will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom